The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to say this one was a go-to of my dad's during hunting season, but again - I can't say for sure when it comes to his rifles. I think this may be one of his better model scopes, although I can't seem to find a model or serial for it. His notes include "Micro Groove Barrel".

IMG_9306.JPG
IMG_9307.JPG
IMG_9308.JPG
IMG_9309.JPG
IMG_9310.JPG
IMG_9311.JPG
IMG_9312.JPG
IMG_9313.JPG
IMG_9314.JPG
IMG_9315.JPG

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
The serial number will be on the tang - just underneath the finger lever. The Marlin .44 Mag lever rifles are very nice guns for hunting use at ranges under 100 yards. Two of the most common - or popular - lever rifles are .30-30s and the .44 Magnums. Someone will come along and give you a decent idea of current value. Pretty obvious that you plan on selling off what you have. If I were you - I'd visit an on-line auction site and check out what your guns are selling for. Of course you are welcome here to get estimates.

I think I'd look into a reputable FFL Gun Dealer in your area. Might be wise to either sell them out-right to the Dealer - or sell them on consignment. That way it gets any legal responsibility off of your back.

·
Banned
2,001 Posts
You have a nice gun here with an OK Tasco scope. It was made in 1983 and has the less then desirable safety button. It was factory drilled and tapped for a scope mount. The gun should sell in the 400 to 500 dollar range. People will want this one.

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Don't drive yourself crazy looking for 'serial numbers' on any scopes. Most don't use them. FYI - the reason why serial numbers are so important to collectors or to estimating firearm value is that the serial number gives an exact date of manufacture. Date of manufacture isn't as important to most people looking at a scope - mostly the make and model of the scope, it's condition, magnification power and reticle style.

Your scope is a Tasco. Those can be very good - pretty decent - or junk. Depends on the luck-of-the-draw. Resale on those isn't much. It won't be a factor in the value of that rifle. Besides, a .44 Magnum carbine is a short range rifle. Like eastbanks said - way too much power scope for the rifle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts