The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is there any way someone can tell me the manufacture date and the worth of this gun.Its never been loaded or fired.Does not have a single scratch.Dont have a pic just yet.Thanks

Sorry 336cs 30/30 The golden was a .22. as far as condition I had that right.

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
My ignorance may be showing (not the first time) but I don't know of a Golden 339A. There is a Golden 39A, but it is a .22 rifle, not a .30-30.

Jim

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Most used modern Marlin .30-30 lever action rifles in decent condition sell for around $300 or so. Surprisingly, they have remained in that price category for at least the last ten years.

·
Banned
5,425 Posts
Most used modern Marlin .30-30 lever action rifles in decent condition sell for around $300 or so. Surprisingly, they have remained in that price category for at least the last ten years.
I paid exactly that for my 30-30. Not a scratch or mark on it either. Shoots beautifully.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks I was asking for my Uncle.He was getting new insurance and he was wanting to know there worth.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Is there any way someone can tell me the manufacture date and the worth of this gun.Its never been loaded or fired.Does not have a single scratch.Dont have a pic just yet.Thanks

Sorry 336cs 30/30 The golden was a .22. as far as condition I had that right.
If you give the first few digits of the serial number it can be dated.

It might also be worth far more than the stated $300 depending on it's age.

The value of Marlin guns has gone up due to the fact that the new ones aren't made as well as the old ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts