The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my old 30-30 that I have had for about 15-20 years now and I figure it is time for a cleaning. :eek: I've always just got what I could reach with a qtip and oiled it with 3-in-1 oil. Now I figure I need to gut it and give it a twice over. Can somebody give me the basic run down on what I need to do and any of the complicated parts? If you have a video that would even be better..... :D

I'm about to head to the range to make sure it'll sling lead straight and then go try to hit an ole nanny goat in the head with it. .......Or I might just shoot it.

·
Premium Member
9,582 Posts
If you punch in to your computer marlin 336 dis-assembly there are a few videos that are ok to do what you need to do.
Mike

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yeh, it is real easy. The 444 I am working with is the same. Just do like the above link says. Remove the lever then the bolt and then the ejector. The only thing to be careful of is that the ejector goes back in with the spring thingy down in the grove on the left side of the receiver. There is a little tip that drops into a hole in the left side of the receiver in that grove. Then slide the bolt back in over the ejector (it should go VERY easily) to within an inch of closed then put the lever back in and put in the screw.

You might also remove the butt stock. On my 444 there is only one screw on top just aft of the hammer. With the stock off you can see the hammer spring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts