The Firearms Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Marlin #60 jambs up. I've only shot about two hundred rounds out of it, and it's only 10 years old. I shoot 36 grain remmy hollow points, could it be
the ammo?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Goofy. The spent shell don't make it out, it gets caught between the "frame" i guess
and the next round that's halfway in the barrel. I gotta pry out the round in the barrel
first, before the spent round falls out. I did try some winchesters a few minutes ago
without a problem, so Hawg, you were right. Remington ammo isn't compatible for my #60

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi T-bone
Could you tell us more then jams up? what is it doing? it could be allot of things but we need to know how it is jamming up.Is it extracting? is it not feeding?
Mike
The spent round gets caught between the "frame" i guess and
the next round, that's halfway in the barrel. The next round don't go in the
barrel cause it's held back by the "just ejected/jambed spent round

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK Thanks, That's what I was shooting, the bulk 525 remmies. I won't be shooting them
anymore in my #60 . They shoot OK in my J.C.Higgins #30 Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.