The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to upgrade my favorite 22. I have an old Marlin 989, I have taken excelent care of it over the years but the last time I took it out squirrel hunting I had several mis fires. I could hear the firing pin but it would barely strike the round causing it not to fire. I would like to have my gun reworked to make it better than new. Does any one know where I could send the bolt and trigger assembly to get it better than new, or any advice to get my old hunting partner back. I have ordered a new recoil buffer, recoil spring and spring guide. I also have a new bolt on the way and would like to have it jewelled.

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Welcome to TFF.
If you have any experiance at with takng the Marlin apart and already have the replacement parts, we can walk you tru putting them back in here. Just a thoguht.
It'd save you some $'s.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so much for the reply, I do have experience @ taking guns apart and have had this one apart several times, I not only want to repair my old friend but I want to make it better than new, I have a buddy that is a 10/22 nut and he just got a new bolt and trigger assembly that is smooth as silk. I can not let my Marlin be out done..... I know there are tons of 10/22 upgrades but the next time we go hunting I would like to unveil a tricked out old school 989 that out performs his Ruger. Any suggestions will be greatly apreciated.

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
If you've ever broke it down to give it a good cleaning, it's not hard to do at all!

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
www.DIProductsInc.com
I've gotten a new PC and lost all my old bookmarks, but they have about all you need, especially adjustable triggers and better made, trigger gaurds for Marlins.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just looked at the DIProducts, I have the pld style trigger assembly, it has the seperate metal peice that is in front of the trigger guard for the magazine, I saw several 795 trigger assemblies are they compatable to the 989?

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
I have owned the 795, but cant tell you right offhand if they would be the same as your 989.
(need to get all my information off my old pc/flash drives and have them back on this one)
I'm sorry I cant answer that right now.

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Tons of folks here that could tell you straight up and in time, someone will...just have to keep an eye on your thread.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have located a man who is going to install a Kat trigger system, I have also purchased several upgrede parts, hope to have my old friend back better than new soon. Thanks

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Congrats and good to hear it"ll be up and running better then it was new!

Sure appreciate it if you can get back and give us a review of the Kat
Trigger system and how your 989 performs!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts