The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I find instructions on how to assemble and disassemble an old (pre-68) Marlin / Glenfield model 25?

·
Premium Member
9,214 Posts
How far do you want to disassemble?.
Get the manual for it that will show how to strip it for cleaning but if you want to go farther there are not very good videos for this gun on u tube so you are on your own.
All I can say is do it slow take pictures and do not do it unless you are use to putting guns together with out instructions.
If you have a problem with the gun and are not that good at it take it to a gunsmith.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks. I found that video yesterday and it is fine for basic cleaning. I paused the video and screen shot the position of the trigger assembly. That was enough to allow me to get it back together. I forgot to explain why I was looking for this information.

I purchased the gun from an estate and it was completely disassembled. I got the parts schematic from Marlin and figured out that none of the part were missing. I figured out how to put the bolt together on my own. The bolt videos that I saw overlook details about lining up various parts so they fit properly, etc.

I could not find any good videos or printed materials that explained how to reassemble the trigger though a couple of the videos talked about doing trigger jobs they were not really helpful when it came to putting it all together.

Thanks for the advice Goofy. I think I kind of explained in my reply to trap55 how far I needed to go to reassemble this gun. I am in the process of documenting the entire process for disassembly and assembly and I will not be making a video. Too old and ugly for that kind of thing.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Without the above explanation, I guessed you were just wanting to break it down for a good cleaning. I get a number of guns brought to me completely disassembled, and usually the ones where a good schematic can't be found. About the time you start pulling your hair out, the owner calls to say, "I think I may have lost some parts".:duh:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I was wrong about getting it back together properly. It shoots but not correctly. I may have gotten the trigger and sear springs reversed.

·
Premium Member
9,214 Posts
Well I was wrong about getting it back together properly. It shoots but not correctly. I may have gotten the trigger and sear springs reversed.

What do you mean "Not correctly"?. What is it doing or should I say not doing?.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Nope. The problem I was having was that I switched the springs and put the Sear Spring where the Trigger Spring was supposed to go and vice versa. In other words remember that the long one is the trigger spring and the short one is the sear spring.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is a picture of the assembled rifle. Mine is pre-1968 as it does not have a serial number.

And the issue I was having was that the trigger was not returning properly to fire the next round.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts