The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just picked up an old Marlin model 59 bolt action .410 shotgun. i wasn't really looking for a .410, but it happened into my lap for under a hundred bucks, so I figured what the hell, I can always use another gun. I know little about this firearm, its a single shot, I think the barrel is choked, but I can't remember to what extent. what little ive found on it thus far is that its best not to shoot steel shot out of it as it will shorten the life of the barrel. any info will be appreciated. thanks, have a nice day and shoot safe. :D

·
Registered
97 Posts
it will be full choke no question. What you will need to do is find out if it is chambered for 3 inch or 2 &3/4 inch chamber. Other than that it will be fun to play with. good shooting.

bigdad5

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, the guy I picked it up from three in a box of 25 shells (2-1/2") and around 30 rounds of .22 long rifle, so I am pretty pleased overall. I'll take a closer look at it and figure out what the chamber length actually is. Thanks again
Have a nice day and shoot safe :D

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ya lorax let me know how well it shoots and one thing it should do a great job on upland game birds like grouse , chuckers , and morning doves. good shooting.

bigdad5

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will do. Been trying to get out and take a few shots with it.
Unfortunately, my work schedule has been non condusive to that end
(Been out of town since early yesterday, just got home). That, and I have
some upcoming nuptials next weekend (the 25th), and girlfriend is having
none of my nonsense about wanting to go blow some stuff up with my new toy.
I'll get out with it soon enough and let you know how it goes
Have a nice day and shoot safe :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts