marlin MODEL 60 PROBLEM

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by ejkoechling, Mar 15, 2017.

1. joe45c

joe45c Well-Known Member

Usually i have the hammer cocked back and i lock the bolt back to put it together. Glad you figured out your problem. Like i said make sure you check out a few videos on how to take apart that lower action assembly to put your buffer in, or you will have parts flying all over the place. I liked the video by Arrowdogger. He has a few video stickies on Rimfirecentral.com. In the Marlin forum.

Kweeksdraw likes this.
  2. ejkoechling

ejkoechling Well-Known Member

Kweeksdraw likes this.

3. ejkoechling

Joe45, You can bet I watched them video's a couple times and saved them in my files. Youtube is a wonderful tool for us shade tree gunsmiths. LOL Not that I declare myself as a gunsmith, or even close. TFF is still my first stop for learning and exploring

Kweeksdraw and joe45c like this.
  4. joe45c

joe45c Well-Known Member

I watched Arrow's video on my lap top when i 1st got my Marlin. Figured i had it down. So start taking the lower action apart on my loading bench, but forgot to pin the hammer strut spring. Took the side plate off and stuff just exploded on me. I planned on remembering where each part was as i was disassembling it. But with everything flying all over the place that pretty much ended that plan. So brought the lap top down to the bench, got his video back up and as he did something i did it. about worn out the pause button trying to get the thing back together. But i got it down now. Taking the lower section apart isn't usually needed. I just like to mess with stuff.;)

Firpo and Kweeksdraw like this.
  5. Firpo

Firpo Well-Known Member Supporting Member

.......and every now and again that philosophy gets me in some serious trouble. Still have a Taurus .38 that I broke. Instructions said it had a reverse thread, which I didn't and now it's useless.

Kweeksdraw and joe45c like this.
  6. joe45c

joe45c Well-Known Member

Well that's the pits.

Kweeksdraw likes this.
  7. ejkoechling

8. Kweeksdraw

Kweeksdraw Well-Known Member

Well I've sure messed up my share of stuff. But like Joe said it's what I like to do, and when I mess up, that's just part of the hobby, at my level of skill. I will be trying my best, and striving to learn. But my priority is enjoyment.

joe45c likes this.