Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

Mauser 1934 .32 Auto

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Mar 2, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

Gearjammin1096
    (12/6/02 8:21:17 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Mauser-Werke A.G. Oberndorf A. N.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I inherited a Mauser-Werke A.G. Oberndorf A.N. - serial number 4806XX - "CAl. 7,65". The wood grip wraps around the the back, one piece.

Any ideas on the age and value?

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/6/02 9:37:45 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Mauser-Werke A.G. Oberndorf A. N.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi Gearjammin........Welcome to TFF.

Is this an automatic pistol? Mauser made a bunch of 'em in 7.65, so we'll need a much more detailed description. A photo would be very helpful, but at a minimum we'll need a complete description of the weapon, and all of the writing on it, plus any proofmarks, etc.

Also, value depends on it's condition, so we'll need that too.

The one-piece wrap around grip makes me suspect that it might be a Model 1934 Pocket Pistol, made from about 1934 to 1939.

Does it look like this: www.adamsguns.com/536.htm Or this: www.adamsguns.com/mau34l.htm

Value would depend on condition. If it has Nazi proofmarks, that would add to it's value.

Gearjammin1096
    (12/6/02 2:18:56 pm)
    Thanks Xracer,
    It looks exactly like the second link above, top photo. Same condition, maybe a bit more worn. This is a semi-auto. It has a matching serial number on the rear above the wood grip. Behind the rear sight, on top of the slide, there is what appears to be a fancy looking "U" with some sort of markings above it. The "U" is about 1/16" tall and 1/32" wide. Above the U the markings appear to be a tiny crown with three "gems"? and above that maybe an odd looking bird with wings? These are very, very small markings....

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/6/02 6:25:55 pm)
    Would that odd looking bird happen to be sitting on a circle with a swastica in it? If so, that's a Nazi proofmark and increases the value of the gun.

My books are way out of date on values (I've asked Santa for the latest Bluebook), so you'll have to check back every now and then.....one of our value experts will stagger in one of these days.

(Actually our top expert, Antique Dr., has been busy opening two new gunstores)

Hey, at least we've identified what it is.

Gearjammin1096
    (12/6/02 10:00:18 pm)
    Xracer,
    It is definitely the nazi bird - surrounding the bird is a multi-angle perimeter that appears to be a worn down or poorly done swastica stamping. The bird may be standing on the crown because only a small sliver of steel separate the two stampings. I wish I had a digital camera to take a picture. Thanks for all your help. I think I'll try to find these shapes on the internet to explore all this a little more.

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/7/02 8:45:35 am)
    Here are some proofmarks that were used on the PP and PPK....some might be some of the same as used on your Pocket Model. www.whog.org/ppk/markings.htm

Here are some more German proofs.....proof 4 has some Mauser proofs:
    www.lugerforum.com/lugerm...oof-4.html

I also found this on a Q&A Forum......scroll down to the 3rd question: "#3754 - Model 1934 Mauser?"
    oldguns.net/cgi-bin/f2f/f...&a3_01.htm

Hey....if we keep going like this, we'll find out not only how much it's worth and when it was made, but what the guy who built it had for breakfast the morning he made it!

Gearjammin1096
    (12/7/02 10:50:14 am)
    Xracer, you're the best! I can't thank you enough!
    The links solved eveything.
    I have a Model 1934 Mauser pistol. The proof mark most closely resembles the Mauser proof #41 "Early Mauser proof found on DWM/Mauser Variation". My eyes must have been playing tricks on me because I thought it looked like bird. The stamping is very rough, therefore, the mistake. The power of desire and suggestion can never be underestimated - I was hoping it was a military proof. Again, thank you for your efforts and time. I'm very impressed with this forum and thankful for everyone's help. Have a great holiday!

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/7/02 1:04:51 pm)
    Hey, GearJammin -

I'm glad a board member could be of help to you.

Now, don't run off, thinking that's the only reason for you to post here. We welcome new members and look forward to their participation in this and other forums here on the board. Make yourself at home and join in with the rest of the gang!
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"