Mauser HSC info please - my 1st post!

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Kass, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Kass

Kass New Member

I have a HSC serial # 804753 & original holster left to me by my father. It has all of the traditional markings such as 'Mauser-Werke AG...'. However, everything I have read talks about 'letters' under the eagle on the trigger guard, and the eagle at the end of the barrel. Mine has the eagles - but no letters underneath.

This pistol & holster are in mint condition.
    Any comments on how this one would differ from the others?
    Also - is there a long shot of being able to tell what German officer may have been issued this particular serial number?

Thanks for any help!

2. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

Absolutely no way to tell to whom this pistol was issued. It may have been privately purchased, as many officers had to buy their own pistols. Some nice closeup pictures would make it possible to accurately identify this pistol.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009

3. Danny

Danny Member

I am sorry Kass that I missed your post.Welcome to the forum and let me tell ya that the HSc that you have is a commercial one. The 135 found on most of these little handguns were Army accepted, so the stamp. Yours was more than likely purchased by an officer for privarte use. I have a very early one, with the correct holster and mags. They are fine handguns & can sell between 500 to 2500, depending if it is a Navy or low grip screw variation.
    Hope this helps?
    Regards
    Danny:)