Mauser Stock Disc

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 24, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/5/02 10:24:58 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Round metal piece in Turkish T38 buttstock
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OK - what is it for? The round metal piece in the side of the buttstock with a round hole through to the other side, someone asked me a couple of weeks ago, and I was stumped.

Gratification hole for pencil dink Turks?
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

mauserman454
    (7/5/02 12:26:18 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Round metal piece in Turkish T38 buttstock
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I think somehow it is a tool to take apart the bolt in the feild, I heard it was to remove the firing pin, but never tried it.

jeeper1
    V.I.P. Member
    (7/5/02 5:18:13 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Round metal piece in Turkish T38 buttstock
    The tip of the firing pin goes into the hole so that you can compress the firing pin spring with out breaking the tip off when you clean it.
    The Curio and Relic Firearms Forum
    To err is human. But to really screw things up you just about have to have a computer.

Flhunter
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (7/11/02 6:18:39 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Round metal piece in Turkish T38 buttstock
    mauserman454 and jeeper1 are correct. It is also know as the "stock disc" and/or "take down disc". Do not try to remove it if you plan on re-finishing the stock. It is pressed on and you will more than likely destroy it in the process.