The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
TFFWPP President
13,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on sunday I got a new Browning Maxus 12g 3 1/2" 28" barrel in mossy oak duck blind. today after work the skies opened up and gave me a chance to try it out. I can happily report it functioned flawlessly and is now my favorite scatter gun. some people said they are finicky and don't like handloads or target loads. it faithfully digested Federal Top Shot 1 1/8 #7 1/2, some of my duck loads in 3" #2, some 3 1/2" BB and even my hand loads. I didn't have a single problem with feeding, shooting, or ejecting any of them. and the cycle rate is as fast as I could ever need.

a friend of mine brought out his brand new Remington Versamax since he had not shot his yet either. that was a treat for me since I had not tried one of them yet. I am glad I got the Browning even though it has more recoil. it fits me better and I believe that is most important.

now all I have to do is make it through the summer and once duck/goose season opens all will be right with the world. I think I'll give it a bunch of practice with 3 clays and see if I can do that. some times the birds come in hot and heavy

·
Registered
97 Posts
I like brownings but they tend to put a little to stright of tang on there guns. What that translates into is a little more felt recoil. Brownings best featuers are always internal. Remington has just a little more slope to the tang making it a little more like a pistol grip thus giving a little more recoil releave timeing to shoulder felt recoil. good shooting.

bigdad5

·
TFFWPP President
13,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
others say it works as long as you stay above 1oz loads. a guy I know is loading up some 1600 ft/sec 7/8 dove loads and I will give them a try. bad idea?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts