ME and the IRS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 358 winchester, Apr 14, 2009.

1. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

I mailed my tax return off today and since I owe them money I sent them a SMALL CHECK and a letter with the return here is a copy of the letter

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I know that I owe you more than the amount I am sending, but just like everyone else in the country I am doing the best I can. Fifty $50.00 a month is all that I can afford at this time and request that you set me up a payment plan in that amount. I will send more if and when I can.
    Now if you have some pull with the White House maybe you could send my bill to them and they could bail me out as well, it sure would be nice if you did.
    Thank you,
    Ronald E. Lee
    850-256-XXXX
    XXX road.
    Century, Fl.

I can't wait for their reply :D:D:D

2. WomenofCaliber

WomenofCaliber New Member

haha I can't wait to hear their reply either! Keep us posted!

3. 358 winchester

4. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

You'll most likely get a payment plan form with no reply to your letter.... the entire government entity is ignoring us.

:mad:

5. 358 winchester

I wonder what Lori and Southern Moss will say to me, other than
    Ron you ain't right :eek::D:eek::D

6. 358 winchester

I just ask what you would say :rolleyes:
    Well maybe so but I am only pay a little at a time until the ZEBRA and I have a talk ;)

7. Ron, they say that the weather at USP Marion is nice this time of year, but the food is not that great. No deviled quail eggs. ;):D

8. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

I'm not paying until I get a Cabinet Appointment :mad:

9. Tom Militano

Tom Militano New Member

Your not crooked enough to get a cabinet appointment.

10. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

Actually the people who work at the IRS are nice and will work with you with the payment plans. Alot of people are scared of them but things have changed from the old days when they were all jerks. They will work with you with what you can afford.
    I loved your letter, but I doubt they'll respond to it. Just my thoughts as I write to them alot in defense of our clients. And they rarely respond to stuff like that.

:D

11. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Lori, have you ever been audited?

I have and they are really nice. The first thing they did is Miranda-ize me like I was a common criminal :mad::mad::mad:

12. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

That's great Ron. I ignored an initial notice from the Census bureau last time the numbers were being taken. On the 2nd notice I received a handy letter threatening to legally enforce my non-response. I filled out their papers and addressed the return envelope, "The Office of Extortion and Forced Compliance, US Census Bureau"... I'm sure they loved that! :D

13. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

THAT, is funny!!!!:eek:

14. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

You have $50 a month extra???:eek::eek::eek:

15. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

I've taken care of dozens of audits for companies I've worked for. When they start out, they're very rigid. Hey....did ya ever think how they feel when they're just doing a job and they know that they're hated so much? So I start some small talk, give them the info they want and by the time they're leaving, we're joking around. I've only met one who had a chip on their shoulder but she wasn't so bad.

I was talking about the ones you call on the phone.... they DO want to help!
    I had a friend who owed some back taxes and was getting threatened with garnishment of wages....and the amount the IRS wanted was huge! If they did that to her, she would have lost her apartment. She was so scared about calling them. I told her to call....and just tell them that she couldn't make those kind of payments....a few days later she called me and told me that they were really cool and worked with her on the payment plan.

now.....Tax Cheat Tim is another story. He's immoral and corrupt! grrrrr