morning, the response and treatment was very quick and very
efficient. When I announced my age and that I was already on
Medicare and Tri-Care For Life, being a retired military, I was
promptly told I was already getting all the 'bennies'. Just thought
this pass-along may aid and assist you with a decision. Chief

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Yep. And, signing up for any of those annual advertisements could very well mess up what you already have. Best decision I EVER made was to stay and retire from military for the medical I KNEW I would use in my old age!

·
GUNZILLA
6,243 Posts
Same here. I apologize in advance chief for hi jacking your post but what is also aggravating are the phone calls for an extended car warranty.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Tis' the season!! Calls about Medicare, vehicle warranties and scams with 'can you hear me?'. I been turning my cell phone off when I ain't making a call. Medicare probably save all us money and aggravation if they just forget all the insurance companies and just add drug coverage to regular Medicare.

·
Premium Member
4,032 Posts
I DO KNOW that when you first sign up for Medicare, you WILL also sign up for a drug plan OR ELSE!!
When the wife and I both signed up at the same time, neither of us needed meds so, no use signing up for Part D?? Down the road when you DO pick up a drug plan (part D) you get dinged every month for not previously having one. You can call it a TAX or a MANDATE, you're still going to pay. :mad: :mad: :mad:

And being insured, they charge you (the ins co) more to cover the folks that DON'T have ins. Lots of folks use the ER as a primary Doctor at no charge. Trust me, We're paying to cover those unpaid expenses.
Makes me wonder if "no speak engrish" and having NOTHING might b e a better way to go? If you nothing, they can't take THAT away from you.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Same here. I apologize in advance chief for hi jacking your post but what is also aggravating are the phone calls for an extended car warranty.
Just play along w/ em and waste their time.
My wife likes to ask those callers "did he give you the PASSWORD" and she bgets all kinds of responses-even f-you.

I string em along and then blow a whistle into the mic...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts