MEDIA FINDS FAULT WITH MILITARY TERMS....

Discussion in 'VMBB Fire For Effect' started by rooter, Apr 16, 2018.

1. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff* Supporting Member

wfaa.com | Trump won't back down from saying 'Mission Accomplished ...
    www.wfaa.com/...mission-accomplished.../465-838a3d6c-a037-4e63-a14e-af1d0dce6...
    20 hours ago - "The Syrian raid was so perfectly carried out, with such precision, that the only way the Fake News Media could demean was by my use of the term 'Mission Accomplished,'" he tweeted Sunday. "I knew they would seize on this but felt it is such a great Military term, it should be brought back. Use often!".

"Mission Accomplished," 5 Years Later - CBS News
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mission-accomplished-5-years-later/
    May 1, 2008 - "President Bush is well aware that the banner should have been much more specific and said 'mission accomplished' for these sailors who are on this ship on their mission," White House press secretary Dana Perino said Wednesday. "And we have certainly paid a price for not being more specific on that ...

2. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff* Supporting Member

Yesterday, following the Syrian raid mission President Trump uttered the oft-used
    military term, 'Locked and Loaded'....Makes it so aware that if the media can't report
    news events without criticism, perhaps the news isn't worthy of their reporting...Once
    there were critical remarks about 'Boots on the Ground' until it come into wide use in
    all reporting...Chief

jedwil likes this.

3. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I don't care what the media thinks. "Mission Accomplished" was certainly appropriate and "Locked and Loaded" was meant to connote that the US will respond again.

Stahlrosen, jim brady and howlnmad like this.
  4. jim brady

jim brady Well-Known Member

Just as the mission to destroy key Chemical Warfare Sites and delivery systems - three specific targeted sites - was conducted and those three sites obliterated - THAT mission was accomplished. As in Iraq - the war is not over and the entire operation is not over and peace at hand.

One thing troubles me: We lost so much that was paid for with American Blood because of weak-kneed politicians and people at home because of no follow-through in Iraq, I am afraid that our efforts in Syria will also be wasted - and that all of this will prove pointless in the end.

jedwil and SilasW like this.
  5. Skipper

Skipper Well-Known Member

I figure if the media doesn't like it, he's doing a good job.

jedwil and Gun Geezer like this.
  6. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

At least mission accomplished means we are done until the enemy gives us cause to reengage them. I prefer this to the quagmire that we got into by staying the course in Iraq, Afghanistan & Viet Nam. The media is bought & paid for to not like anything this POTUS does!

jedwil likes this.