Mens Encounter Weekend

Discussion in 'Religious Discussions' started by TigerLeo, Aug 18, 2020.

1. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Sorry to hear this. At least she is in the right place now. Prayers sent.

Broot and BlackEagle like this.
  2. TigerLeo

TigerLeo Well-Known Member

Yet another update!

More positive progress! They could be pulling the tube as early as Saturday, but in His time it’s ok! More and more fluid has been drawn off, to a really noticeable difference. Today is the first day where I’ve really been able to talk to her, she is responsive. She told me she was mad at me because she’d been admitted, so she’s still in there! If that is what it takes for her to be mad at me, and keep up the strength to keep fighting it’s worth it! Keep up the prayers it’s working!

Broot, jbmid1, BlackEagle and 4 others like this.

3. crystalphoto

crystalphoto Junior Advanced Senior Member In Training Supporting Member

Wonderful news, indeed.

Broot and BlackEagle like this.
  4. orion340

orion340 Well-Known Member

More prayers sent from here Tiger.

Broot, crystalphoto and BlackEagle like this.
  5. BlackEagle

BlackEagle TFF Chaplain Supporting Member

Thanks for the update.

Thankful to God for the improvement, and for how He's answering prayer.

Will continue praying that God will bring her back to health.

Broot, TigerLeo and crystalphoto like this.
  6. Grizzly2

Grizzly2 Well-Known Member

As we read in Romans 8, God knows who are His own and He calls them and blesses them and shows Himself to those who seek Him and His Righteousness. I believe He does this in many ways to strengthen the bond of faith that will grow stronger in time. You have already seen His Hand at work in your life and in the caring for your wife. Observe now His provision which is all encompassing for those who love Him and obey His leading as the Holy Spirit enables you.

Your brothers and sisters will keep you and yours in their prayers as you abide in His Love and care with an almost child-like trust. Stay open and seek His leading and council as you endeavor to always walk in His ways as you find yourself coming out of your old worldly ways. If you continue to walk in His ways and faithfully depend upon His leading you will find the promised more abundant life that will carry you through the many trials ahead that strengthen the believers faith so that grace may overcome the desires of our flesh, the temptations of the world and the deceitfulness of the the Devil - as you continue to abide in Christ.

I join with my brothers in prayer for the continued healing of your wife and for the strength you need in the time ahead - all of which flows from His Finished Work through faith.

Broot, Aspeck and BlackEagle like this.
  7. TigerLeo

TigerLeo Well-Known Member

I guess I owe y'all an update. It's been busier than a one armed paper hanger these last few weeks. My mom took the kids for a week to spend with her and my sisters. They pulled the ventilator and she was off to the races. In a matter of two days she was out of the ICU and into a regular room for all of about 24 hours, she then came home. She is on oxygen here at home, and we are working with insurance to pay the bills. Things are starting to get close to back to normal around ere, but they are still far off. In the meantime she is regaining strength, and has lost somewhere north of 122 pounds since being admitted to the hospital, the vast majority of it being fluid that's been pulled off her body. I've been doing the bulk of the housework, taking care of the kids, and still working full time. A big thanks to all of you for all your prayers, they have worked! But don't stop! That first night, sitting there in the ER I heard His voice tell me she would be healed and brought home to me, and I knew it was going to be ok, but physically it was a very hard thing to see. Any of you who have ever watched your spouse in a similar condition knows what I am talking about, I thought I was losing my better half. She is an integral part of me, and she is directly responsible in making me the man I am today. When we met I was not a good person. I wasn't necessarily a bad person, but I was not a good one. And if it hadn't been for her, God only knows where I would've washed up. I wake up every morning now with her in the bed next to me (which, thanks to all the fluid she had on her body she couldn't sleep on the bed so sharing our bed with her hadn't been happening), I know everything will be well soon. I just have to keep my faith, my nose in the bible, and my mind clear. Some days I have to remind myself of the story of Jesus walking on the water. Peter called out to Him, and said for Jesus to call him out of the boat. As Peter stepped out on faith he stayed on top of the water, keeping his focus on Jesus the whole time. But, when he began to look around, and take his eyes off of the Lord, he began to drown. In much the same way, I am trying to keep my eyes on Him, and not bother with the world around me. As long as I keep stepping in faith, I've no need for the boat, Jesus will be my guide any more.

Oh, and some good news to go with it, we have quit smoking completely, and I am gradually stepping down on the chewing tobacco with plans to have quit by the end of the year.

8. soonerfan66

soonerfan66 Well-Known Member

Tiger so sorry to hear about what's been going on in your life but am so happy to hear about the turn around . The devil will whisper in your ear trying to get you to lose faith but you showed him with God in your heart he will lose . I can only hope I am as strong as you were if God forbid I must go thru something like you did . You my brother have inspired me and I know others out there to. Thank you for that . God has us go thru hard times sometimes for us to learn and other times to show others . Praying for you and your family right now . God is great .

BlackEagle, Broot and One Shot like this.
  9. One Shot

One Shot Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Amen.

BlackEagle and Broot like this.
  10. Broot

Broot Well-Known Mumbler Supporting Member

The update: such great news! Praise the Lord!

Boy, I’m not sure how I didn’t see this thread before now. I suppose the derecho had something to do with it. In any case, y’all are in our continuing prayers!

Benjamin

BlackEagle and crystalphoto like this.
  11. BlackEagle

BlackEagle TFF Chaplain Supporting Member

Thanks for the update, TigerLeo. God has been doing wonderful things for you and your wife. That's wonderful news.

Will continue praying for complete recovery for your wife.

Broot likes this.
  12. Aspeck

Aspeck Well-Known Member

Tiger, thank-you for the update/praise report! I am happy to hear how things have turned around. I will continue to pray for you and your wife’s situation, for continued improvement and relief of the bills from all of this. May God continue to bless you above and beyond your wildest hopes and dreams!

Broot likes this.