Metropolitan Arms (Belgium)

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Black_Dakota, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Black_Dakota

Black_Dakota New Member

a friend of mine has a Metropolitan Arms 12ga. sXs, with Damascus Steel barrels, made in Belgium. the only numbers on ot are "9 6 4 4" stamped on the underside of the barrels.

anyone have any info on this antique? i can't seem to find anything about the company (except that they started Colt's fire in 1864) and they were based out of NYC.

TIA

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

There was no Metropolitan Arms Company. While the name Metropolitan was used several time. the term or name , Metropoliatan Arms Co. was a trade name used by H&D Folsom on gums made by Cresent Arms Co and/ or imported. The imported arms were inexpensive Belgium shotguns, cheap even in a age of cheap guns. There are no records for these trade name shotguns. If it is outsde hammers then it was possibly made prior to 1911. If internal hammers , then from the 1920s - 30'a

3. Black_Dakota

Black_Dakota New Member

thanx for the info. it's got outside hammers, so it's an oldie.

actually, in rereading my post, it seems i made a little typo....

did i just accuse them of arson? :eek: oops!