The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have something on the product arrival notification list at Midway USA?

I went to check it a few days ago and there is nothing on the list but there is a notification at the top and it's still there three days later. Anyone else have this problem? Here's what it says.

"We're sorry, we experienced technical difficulties while trying to load your list of Product Arrival Notifications. Please try again".

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I have a package due to me on the 27th from Midway. When I click the link from the email they sent it shows it as shipped today. I dont think it will take until the 27th to get it. All I ordered is an ATI stock and fore grip barrel shroud w/ ghost ring sights. Will let you know when it arrives.

·
Banned
1,718 Posts
They sent me a tracking number. Same here, the expected delivery date seemed like it was overly pessimistic. I'm expecting it to arrive a few days earlier.

·
Registered
685 Posts
The last couple thing I ordered, they used Sure Post where USP takes it most of the way then transfers it to USPS. Somehow it takes forever to make the transfer. My last shipment sat at USPS 70 miles away for 4 days before it got to me. It only took 2 days to get there. My advice is to select either Priority Mail or UPS Ground to ensure it ships by the same carrier the whole way.

·
Premium Member
13,258 Posts
Placed an on-line order with Midway USA for three cartons of Universal Rack & Organizers (gun cabinet inserts) about a month ago. UPS had them on our doorstep in about 48 hours.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Went to check mine yesterday and they were gone. Tried to re enter them and got the problem - try again error message. Tried again this morning and got the same message. I guess with so many out of stock items the notification requests are overwhelming the system. On their behalf, everything I have ordered that was in stock has been processed, shipped, and delivered well within reasonable time.

·
Garandaholic
9,525 Posts
The last couple thing I ordered, they used Sure Post where USP takes it most of the way then transfers it to USPS. Somehow it takes forever to make the transfer. My last shipment sat at USPS 70 miles away for 4 days before it got to me. It only took 2 days to get there. My advice is to select either Priority Mail or UPS Ground to ensure it ships by the same carrier the whole way.
Yep, a lot of places have switched to this and frankly it sucks. Most places I've seen it, it's only a couple bucks more to go regular fed-ex ground. Fed-ex ground: 2-3 days depending on where, Fed-ex-USPS abomination; 7-12 days.

·
Premium Member
13,258 Posts
Here in Sitka the main Post Office is closed on Saturdays - though that might be nationwide now, and they're also closed from 1:30-3:00 Monday through Friday. Don't know if that's a nationwide thing these days, but if it is I can sure see it screwing up Fedex and UPS package handoffs, as well as delaying deliveries of items they'd received from them.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Went to check mine yesterday and they were gone. Tried to re enter them and got the problem - try again error message. Tried again this morning and got the same message. I guess with so many out of stock items the notification requests are overwhelming the system. On their behalf, everything I have ordered that was in stock has been processed, shipped, and delivered well within reasonable time.
It looks like they got the system up and running again. I forgot just how much I had on that list. I ordered a lot of stuff from other places so I cleaned up the list but there is still 9 items on my notification list with them.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
This just happened to me. My order was supposed to be here the 27th and I have been watching the tracking. Yesterday it was transfred from UPS to USPS and delivery is supposed to be here today. I dont have a problem with who delivers it but I wonder why the transfer to USPS.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
This just happened to me. My order was supposed to be here the 27th and I have been watching the tracking. Yesterday it was transfred from UPS to USPS and delivery is supposed to be here today. I dont have a problem with who delivers it but I wonder why the transfer to USPS.
I've seen this a few times recently. I think it's both UPS and USPS trying to save some money. USPS runs the routes daily anyway, so if packages can be handed over to them in areas that UPS wouldn't otherwise run, UPS saves some money, and whatever they pay USPS is better than USPS would get otherwise.

But that's conjecture. I don't have any inside info.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I dont know the reason Josh. The UPS truck came down my road about 11am just like everyday then at 220 a USPS truck pulls into my driveway drops the package on the front porch and drives away. Then at 245 another USPS truck comes and brings my regular mail. Seemed like a lot of running to me.

·
Premium Member
19,878 Posts
FedEx calls it smart post. They handle the transaction but the footwork is done by the post office. It is cheaper to ship as the post office will be at every address in the USA every day anyway. You can save money in shipping but the service is not as good.

If your shipment is not priority and you want to save money it is fine to use this. If you need it fast asap don't do ti.

·
Registered
548 Posts
UPS dumping packages at my mailbox 150 yards from the house is why I DEMAND shipment by USPS. My mail carrier brings it to the door, and if I'm away, he holds it until I'm home and he can hand it to me. Can't beat that service.

·
Registered
742 Posts
UPS dumping packages at my mailbox 150 yards from the house is why I DEMAND shipment by USPS. My mail carrier brings it to the door, and if I'm away, he holds it until I'm home and he can hand it to me. Can't beat that service.

If they don't lose it they lost four of the last five for me they found them after about a weak. Tom T

·
Registered
518 Posts
Whatever goofy service names applied to it, UPS/USPS is a bad combination. Amazon is now doing it. Tracking shows, supposedly, the package delivered to my local post office (one mile from my house) on D-day, and then delivered 3-4 days later.

Does USPS save money by sitting on the package for several days? Do UPS or Amazon care? Probably not.

·
Banned
5,428 Posts
I haven't received any notifications and I'm signed up to get a few.. All AR stuff though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts