Midway

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by CrookCountyGO, Aug 1, 2016.

1. CrookCountyGO

CrookCountyGO Well-Known Member

About two weeks ago I ordered a small cylinder assembly from Midway for my RCBS Uniflow. I received it a few days later and it was missing the adjustment screw (the cylinder was the only thing in the package). I called their service line and was told by a very polite rep that they don't do return shipment labels, so I would have to send it back at my expense and they would reimburse me and ship me a new one.

So I received the replacement on Friday...and it was the same issue. At this point I'm so annoyed when I call their service number that I tell them I'm close to being finished with Midway. The guy says that he sees in the notes that they've had an inventory issue with this very thing and he will ship me a complete assembly and not ask me to ship the cylinder back that they just sent.

I was happy to hear that, but will withhold judgement until I actually get what I ordered and paid for. Am I unreasonable to think they should have offered a discount, or a gift card for a future purchase...or even a stinking Midway t-shirt? I mean, I let the first incident go by with a 'mistakes happen' kind of attitude, but twice in a row?

BlackEagle, joe45c and carver like this.
  2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I hope they make it right for you, this time around. I have bought literally thousands of item from them over the years and can honestly say that I have never had a problem with anything, that I can remember.

3. crystalphoto

crystalphoto Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I have also used Midway for many years without complaint. I have had to return a few things, and they have always pleased me with their service. Their service representatives have never given me any reason to look elsewhere. Sorry you are having that problem, could be from a bad batch of merchandise.

4. CrookCountyGO

Thanks, guys. I've also shopped with Midway for years without issue, which is why I was so laid back the first time my order was screwed up. But twice...I just figured they might offer something extra for my inconvenience (aside from an assurance that they promise to get my order right the third time).

5. greggs

greggs Well-Known Member

You don't want a stinkin' t-shirt. Maybe they'll launder it before sending it to ya' ..... Gregg

CrookCountyGO likes this.
  6. bamajoey

bamajoey Well-Known Member

The only problem I've had with Midway is ordering several items and having them shipped at several different times because of some of them being out of stock, and having to pay S&H charges several different times.:(

7. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I did run into that one time. After that time, I would not order anything that is back ordered or says available on a future date.

firefighter1635 likes this.
  8. CrookCountyGO

Same here. I now receive alerts when a product on my list is in stock so that doesnt happen to me anymore.