Midway

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by CrookCountyGO, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Don Fischer

Don Fischer Well-Known Member

Reasonable? A discount or a gift card? I don't think that is reasonable. I think reasonable is for them to get it right! Every company on the face of this earth send's out a defective now and then, just the way things are! If they gave you a discount or gift card, that would be super, I wonder how many company's actually do that though?

BlackEagle likes this.
  2. rooter

rooter *VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff* Supporting Member

Good Morning CC...I can't recall ever greeting or visiting with you, anyway if I had it would
    not been as anything as complex as guns...this time when I read MIDWAY, I right off thought
    of the stinking Pacific island off there like the arm-pit of creation where lots of navy men have
    grown old and rowdy serving there...noted in WWII as having waged a famous battle thereabouts with the Japanese navy....shoot, stories may have even been told about the little s***-hole...
    according to any of the navy guys stationed there, never heard of a romantic one!!! Good
    Luck with your business dealing with that outfit that kind of seems doing business,
    to match their namesake. Chief

Battle of Midway - Wikipedia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Midway
    1. Cached
    2. Similar
    Between 4 and 7 June 1942, only six months after Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor and one month after the Battle of the Coral Sea, the United States Navy under Admirals Chester Nimitz, Frank Jack Fletcher, and Raymond A. Spruance decisively defeated an attacking fleet of the Imperial Japanese Navy under Admirals Isoroku

CrookCountyGO likes this.

3. Hawg

Hawg Well-Known Member

I don't buy often from Midway but over the years I have bought quite a bit and never had a problem with anything.

joe45c and accident like this.
  4. ms6852

ms6852 Well-Known Member

I had a similar issue with them a few weeks ago when I ordered a timney trigger from them. The set screws were not included to lock trigger in the housing of the AR. Midway required that I ship the trigger back before they would send one again. At least they sent a shipping label. The second one had the same issue. I called timney triggers and they sent the set screws needed. Until this incident I never had issues with Midway.

5. accident

accident Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I'll NEVER forgive the things they did during that time period.....EVER!

joe45c and CWO like this.
  6. sharps4590

sharps4590 Well-Known Member

Two screw ups, or three, is disappointing for certain but I don't believe I would expect some any kind of discount or gift card. Stuff happens in the train from manufacturer to consumer. Sad but oh so true.

When Larry first got started he probably got 80% of my business. I worked in Columbia, Mo. at the time so it was convenient even though I lived about 60 miles from there. I think what's happened is the same as when any outfit gets big. Control by one man is impossible, service goes down and operating costs go up. These days I order very, very little from Midway or Graf's. Mid-South or Buffalo Arms get most of my mail order business. I quit Cheaper Than Dirt years ago and the only time my face darkens the web site or doors of Bass Pro or Cabela's is when I get a gift card from someone.

7. CWO

CWO New Member

Yeah, they were well known to raise their prices to match the availability of an item, such as the ammo shortages, rather than to sell at the normal price. I don't buy from them since they closed their store and went online.

8. CrookCountyGO

CrookCountyGO Well-Known Member

Almost like "supply and demand" or something ;)

rawright54 likes this.
  9. DDDWho

DDDWho Member

When you receive an email from Midway saying your order has shipped that does not mean it has actually left the building...leaving the building will take longer. They ship FedEx or UPS "smart post". I live 140 mile south of Columbia, Mo. A shipment by either of the two carriers mentioned will take at least 5 days to travel the 140 miles (after it actually leaves the building) by first going to Kansas City or St Louis then Springfield then handed off to the Post Office then to my local PO and finally here, I could walk to Columbia in 5 days. The real irritating part is I'm paying the freight.

10. TigerLeo

TigerLeo Well-Known Member

I take it you're in the Springfield area? I'm 120 miles east of you. If I were to order from Bass Pro it's faster just to drive there... So I know how you feel.

11. DDDWho

DDDWho Member

I hope you are dry and well

12. TigerLeo

We have creek just 25 yards from the house, and it got close over the weekend, but no need for webbed feet yet. I hope you are dry and well also.

DDDWho likes this.
  13. DDDWho

DDDWho Member

We're on Pomme de Terre lake about a good distance above the high water mark. It would breach the dam before it got to us. There is water around here tho, lots of roads closed and some washed out. We are fine.

14. TigerLeo

I've done a lot of good fishing out of there. Glad to hear you are fine. Roads are dicey around here, the very little but if rain we had today flooded roads pretty quick. Should be a few days if soon coming though.

15. JRL

JRL Well-Known Member

I've had good luck with Bownell's... just down the road from me!

Last edited: May 5, 2017