Military People?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1952Sniper, Mar 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

Striker14376
    (12/30/02 6:35:01 pm)
    Military People?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi, I'm the FNG. I just wanted to know who is ex/current military/NG/other. If so, what branch?

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/30/02 6:43:31 pm)
    Re: Military People?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OTHER... LOL

Quote:
    "Tell the gossipers and liars I will see them in the fire" - Johnny Cash, Let the train whistle blow

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/30/02 6:44:56 pm)
    Reply Re: Military People?
    Hello Striker14376, and Welcome to The Firearms Forum. It's good to have you with us.

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/30/02 6:58:19 pm)
    Reply Hey...
    I'm also other!...Air Force dependent(retired)...What point of view do ya want to look at things from...O'Yeah Welcome!...

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/30/02 7:19:30 pm)
    Re: Hey...
    Military dependent (long time ago). Spent the first 18 years of my life going where dad went in the Navy.

Work at the local VA hospital now.

So welcome to the boards and very glad to meet you.

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/30/02 7:36:54 pm)
    Reply O'Yeah!!!
    Y'all ought ta know me an "T" was born in the same year, she's got me by a couple a months...

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/30/02 9:23:48 pm)
    Re: O'Yeah!!!
    Hi striker, welcome to TFF.

8 years in Army Aviation
    Don't blame yourself or anyone else for your mistakes or the downfalls of the USA. BLAME PRESIDENT BUSH.

teehee1
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/30/02 10:00:23 pm)
    Re: O'Yeah!!!
    Hi Striker14376 , welcome aboard and Happy New Year. VPMD Very proud Marine Dad, son is deployed in far east, and his deployment has just been involuntarily extended..Semper Fi
    Life is not:easy, fair or cheap and sometimes bad things happen to good people..:)

Dave3
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/30/02 10:17:13 pm)
    Reply Re: O'Yeah!!!
    Hey Striker welcome. Five years Navy Seabees, Thanks for the rides. I got thrown of the Air Force Base in Guam, Those Air Force cops have no since of humor when it comes to dealing with intoxicated Seabees. That about cost a couple stripes. Oh the good old days.

JayL
    (12/30/02 10:34:49 pm)
    Howdy Striker!

23 years USN, mostly in submarines, retired as RMCS(SS) in 1993.
    Jay L

"Move, Shoot, Communicate!"

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/30/02 11:02:17 pm)
    It's been so long ago..........

Can't remember if'n I wuz in or not! Oh, yeah! Wuz in the ol' "brown boot n' uniform" Army. Probably doesn't qualify!
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

Dave3
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/30/02 11:24:20 pm)
    JAYL Hey Senior Cheif did you ever make it to Polaris Point? We built some Camels and Separators there. They were for the submarines to dock there.

berto64
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/30/02 11:30:41 pm)
    ezSupporter
    Welcome Stryker!

3 combat tours in RVN from '69 - '71. All with the same unit in the Delta. US Army.

berto
    Endeaver to Persevere

brassduck
    (12/30/02 11:39:10 pm)
    US56600168-Nam Grunt-69-70

Striker14376
    (12/30/02 11:49:08 pm)
    Thanks for all the input. I feel so welcomed here. If you didn't see my other post, I'm going to be in USAF security. I'm hoping to become a gunsmith or something. If not, I guess I'll be guarding something or becoming a USAF Security Policeman. I appreciate all the retired military/active/public service people out there that risk their lives daily. You too have a nice new years.

WyomingSwede
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/30/02 11:51:02 pm)
    Welcome Striker...six years as a BB stacker in the USAF...F-4's and F-15's. swede
    Wyoming Swede

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/31/02 8:36:22 am)
    Hi Striker.....welcome to TFF.

U.S. Navy, '55-59

U.S.S. Mississinewa (AO-144)
    U.S.S. Nipmuc (ATF-157)
    U.S.S. Brattleboro (E-PCE(R)-852)

inplanotx
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/31/02 8:55:25 am)
    Welcome Striker.......another one here....USMC '67-'72
    Improvise...Adapt...Overcome

tuckerd1
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/31/02 9:09:43 am)
    Welcome striker! USN '71-'79. Another bubble head here(submariner to you lanlubbers.)

Senior Chief JayL, USS Ray, SSN 653 from '73-'76.

USS Sierra, AD18 '71-'72
    USS Spear, AS36 '73 (3 mo. TDY)
    USS Puget Sound, AD38, '77-'79

ruffitt
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/31/02 1:08:04 pm)
    Welcome to the board, Striker 14376 -

Don't forget us after your enlistment commences. We knbow you'll be gone for a while while you attend your basic and advanced training, but we'll be here for you when you can resume a "NORMAL" life style.

Retired (since September 1979) Army Sergeant First Class (E7)

whiteclouder
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/31/02 1:42:47 pm)
    USAF for a long time, a long time ago.

Clouder..

armedandsafe
    (12/31/02 3:04:32 pm)
    US Army...brown boot and moccassins (don't ask )... Army Avionics & Retrofit, among others.

Armed and Safe - not just a theory

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (12/31/02 7:42:38 pm)
    howdy Armedandsafe,

was more than once I held wires or solder in the freezing cold for one of you Avionics guys
    Ignorance is a crime in 49 states. In the other one it is bliss.

rayra
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/31/02 11:58:09 pm)
    USMC Arty 1987-1994
    Navy brat before that.
    Rich

armedandsafe
    (1/1/03 12:27:38 am)
    warpig883 - I remember sitting on the turret of an H34, reading mail from home with pictures of family at a New Year's Day picnic in SoCal in shirtsleeves. I was in sleet and slush, high wind, trying to get a new antenna on so the pilots could get up and get some heat. Now it's funny.

Armed and Safe - not just a theory

Edited by: armedandsafe at: 1/1/03 12:30:12 am

deadeye006
    V.I.P. Member
    (1/1/03 10:22:22 am)
    Reply 1
    I'm the youngin' of TFF... Welcome, Striker. I am going to enlist in the Marine Corps next year.

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/1/03 12:00:10 pm)
    Re: 1
    armedandsafe

H34 They were all gone when I started working on helos. I wish I could have played with them.
    Ignorance is a crime in 49 states. In the other one it is bliss.

JayL
    (1/1/03 12:23:58 pm)
    For Dave3; was Re: Military People?
    Nope, never hit Polaris Point. My first boat was out of Rotten Groton, and the last two were Pearl Harbor boats. I was fortunate enough never to have to sit through a fueling overhaul on any of them, so didn't hit many of the Boomer related places.

Jay L

"Move, Shoot, Communicate!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.