The Firearms Forum banner

Miroku Charles Daly

25K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  toedoetx 
#1 ·
Craig
(1/1/03 9:28:25 am)
Reply | Edit | Del All Charles Daly OU
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi guys ..... I have recently found your board and it's very interesting. I have a gun that I've owned for 25 years and am interested in what it's worth. It's a Charles Daly 12 OU made by Miroku BC, Model 700. The serial number is 202822 and matches on all the pieces (forearm, stock, barrels, etc.). It has a nicely checkered pistol grip and forearm, the "receiver" is nicely engraved and the gun is in very good condition.

Very interested to hear your thoughts! Thanks in advance.

warpig883
*TFF Staff*
(1/1/03 12:17:56 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter
Re: Charles Daly OU
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Miroku is a VERY old company in Japan that makes good quality firearms. I have never heard anything bad about them at all. That Charles Daly should be a good one
Ignorance is a crime in 49 states. In the other one it is bliss.

Packet
(1/1/03 12:58:33 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Charles Daly OU
I can find no reference to a model 700. Every Daly O/U in my book has a name rather than a model number

Smokin Guns
V.I.P. Member
(1/1/03 1:03:19 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Welcome Craig!
This is what "Blue Book" (22nd ed.) says (guntrader info. is also the same):
Charles Daly, Japanese Mfg.
In the early 60's C. Daly guns were manufactured by the firm of B.C. Miroku in Koichi, Japan. This japanese gun manufacturing company has produced guns for many companies, Browning being the current customer. Miroku guns are high quality with excellent fit and finish. Many of them are highly engraved and are fine examples of the gunmaker's art. C. Daly Miroku Guns are becoming quite collectible in some areas (small bores with open chokes). Their production ceased in 1976.
Of all the gauges 12ga. is the lowest value, 28 ga. is the highest value. Depending on the grade(and condition) of your gun (pic would help). $650-$900.00 thats averaging between Blue Book and Guntrader. Post a Pic when you can.

Smokin Guns
V.I.P. Member
(1/1/03 1:06:10 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Same...
Packet is correct. They only list them by the model name. I am guessing yours as a superior grade.

See less See more
#2 ·
CountryGunsmith said:
Craig
(1/1/03 9:28:25 am)
Reply | Edit | Del All Charles Daly OU
Hi guys ..... I have recently found your board and it's very interesting. I have a gun that I've owned for 25 years and am interested in what it's worth. It's a Charles Daly 12 OU made by Miroku BC, Model 700. The serial number is 202822 and matches on all the pieces (forearm, stock, barrels, etc.). It has a nicely checkered pistol grip and forearm, the "receiver" is nicely engraved and the gun is in very good condition.

Very interested to hear your thoughts! Thanks in advance.

warpig883
*TFF Staff*
(1/1/03 12:17:56 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter
Re: Charles Daly OU
Miroku is a VERY old company in Japan that makes good quality firearms. I have never heard anything bad about them at all. That Charles Daly should be a good one
Ignorance is a crime in 49 states. In the other one it is bliss.

Packet
(1/1/03 12:58:33 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Charles Daly OU
I can find no reference to a model 700. Every Daly O/U in my book has a name rather than a model number

Smokin Guns
V.I.P. Member
(1/1/03 1:03:19 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Welcome Craig!
This is what "Blue Book" (22nd ed.) says (guntrader info. is also the same):
Charles Daly, Japanese Mfg.
In the early 60's C. Daly guns were manufactured by the firm of B.C. Miroku in Koichi, Japan. This japanese gun manufacturing company has produced guns for many companies, Browning being the current customer. Miroku guns are high quality with excellent fit and finish. Many of them are highly engraved and are fine examples of the gunmaker's art. C. Daly Miroku Guns are becoming quite collectible in some areas (small bores with open chokes). Their production ceased in 1976.
Of all the gauges 12ga. is the lowest value, 28 ga. is the highest value. Depending on the grade(and condition) of your gun (pic would help). $650-$900.00 thats averaging between Blue Book and Guntrader. Post a Pic when you can.

Smokin Guns
V.I.P. Member
(1/1/03 1:06:10 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Same...
Packet is correct. They only list them by the model name. I am guessing yours as a superior grade.

#4 ·
Whew, just found out how to reply on the new set-up!
I have a "NEW HEART" --- works well but it still feels the same ---- SO - My thoughts concerning the Miroku vs a Ithica 700 is a fairly good match to this type shotgun....
I'm fond of both types.....

I would be very interested to know more about the Miroku
if possible.

GLAD to be back and I hope to become a fully active participant of most recourses of generosity of brilliant guys on The Firearms Forum from now on!
A special "HELLO" to "Tac and the crew"
GOOD TO BE HERE!

#6 ·
Gentlemen,
I've recently aquired a Daly/Miroku and I've been advised to keep an extra set of springs on hand just in case. The gun in question is a 20ga field grade and I entend to only use it for hunting. I found "Spring Sets" available for Brownell's for 12ga but Ican't seen to find Sets for 20ga. Would anyone have any ideas where I could begin look?
Thanks in Advance
Wayne

#9 ·
I have a Charles Daly 20 GA. over/under I just picked up like to know what it's worth I can't find a model number only B.C.MIROKU lots of engraving with 28"rib barrel on left side of barrel it says CHARLES DALY 20 GA-3" on right side MIROKU FIREARMS MFG CO.. KOCHI JAPAN , plus butt plate says B.C.Miroku all serial numbers match if needed will add along with pictures..in excellent condition ..Thanks

#10 ·
guys and ladies if thier present. I have a charles Daly Miroku O/U and need new Barrels
the metal strip between the two barrels flew off and the gun smith said that it would cost $600 dollars to fix i was also told i might can cross over barrels from another gun not quite sure about that but if i could get pointed in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. Happy Hunting!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.