Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

Miroku Over/Under Shotgun

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 26, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

amax50robar
    (4/23/02 10:34:19 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All MIROKU over/under 12ga
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I recently inherited this shotgun from a friend. It is marked "MIROKU FIREARMS MFG. CO. KOCHI JAPAN" on the right side of the top barrel. It has 22" blued barrels with fixed choke and vent rib in excellent condition. The barrels take 2 3/4" shells only. There is engraving on the receiver and trigger gaurd. Looks to have a brass trigger. The wood stock has a high gloss finish. Here is a link to a couple of pics:

photos.msn.com/viewing/al...XBfAJhrkU$

Any ideas of value?

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (4/23/02 10:40:03 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: MIROKU over/under 12ga
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Welcome amax50robar

Miroku is an old company that is know for making quality guns. They make the current crop of Citori's for Browning and also made the Browning BSS.

I wonder if those barrels have been cut down. Seems awful short.

Sorry I do not know the value. One of the guys here will be able to help on that.
    I'm a man of means by no means

amax50robar
    (4/23/02 10:48:41 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Thanks for the info.
    Sorry, barrel length is 26" (not 22").

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/23/02 11:55:31 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Thanks for the info.
    Hello amax50robar, and welcome to The Firearms Forum.

Antiquedr, could better advise. But untill he arrives, I'll take a shot for you.

" Although somewhat rare, collector desireabiliy to date has been minumal".
    A quesstamation would be to compare it to a Jap Charles Daly with the same features.

In excellent condition, a value of $500-$600?

Edited by: Zigzag2 at: 4/23/02 1:02:57 pm

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/23/02 12:01:41 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Thanks for the info.
    Should be Mod/Imp or Skeet/Skeet, then, right?

Those Miroku O/U's do pretty well, but you'll find the buyers to be more knowledgable than the typical consumer. Lack of name recognition hurts the gun, typically, unless the buyer knows the comparisons.

$700 or so on the used market.