The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know who this is? It's engraved on my rifle barrel but I can't find anything on the Internet on that gun maker. It's a swivel barrel .36 cal. on one side and .45 cal. on the other side. Please let me know if you have any information on this rifle. Red Table Metal Wood stain Red Material property Carmine Metal Wood Antique Metal Brass Door handle Metal Dagger Scabbard Sword Metal Arm Hand Leg Finger Pen Brass Metal

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
In the past 60 years there have been many individual craftsman making muzzleloaders in their hobby workshops. Companys like Dixie Gun Works have been selling books, tools, parts and etc to these gun builders for a long time. Some of these modern hobby gun makers have produced exceptional and valuable guns approaching the status of works of art. In my opinion, your gun is well above average in quality and finish. You might be able to find out who made it and he might still be alive. Most likely a good target or hunting gun.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In the past 60 years there have been many individual craftsman making muzzleloaders in their hobby workshops. Companys like Dixie Gun Works have been selling books, tools, parts and etc to these gun builders for a long time. Some of these modern hobby gun makers have produced exceptional and valuable guns approaching the status of works of art. In my opinion, your gun is well above average in quality and finish. You might be able to find out who made it and he might still be alive. Most likely a good target or hunting gun.
Thank you for your post. Been wondering for awhile now and no one seems to have a clue. I'll keep trying to find out more about the maker and what it's value is.

·
Premium Member
15,235 Posts
First of all what a lovely rifle!! I'm very inclined to agree with 45 in that it is contemporary manufacture. I don't know anything about the maker but here's a link to a web site that if anyone knows it will be someone on that site.

http://www.americanlongrifles.org/forum/

·
Registered
11,497 Posts
I don't recognize the makers name but I recognize the lock mechanism, there were a pair of them listed on E bay a couple of years ago in as new condition, one was complete the other was missing some parts, I tried to get them to build on but they ended up being more valuable to someone else.

And indeed that is one sweet looking swivel breach rifle, who ever ML Schmidt is, he did a very nice job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts