MOA for blaser 93R LRS2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1952Sniper, Mar 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

kaylan1
    (2/14/03 8:52:23 pm)
    Reply MOA for blaser 93R LRS2
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm new to this site and enjoy the wide variety of topics and diversity. I'm looking at buying a Blaser 93R LRS2. I've also looked at the
    SSG3000. I don't see a big difference between the 2. I'd like to know the MOA for both but nobody seems to know.
    What's the difference, pros and cons, know of any other rifles I could look at that are comparable to these?

teehee1
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/14/03 10:04:49 pm)
    Re: MOA for blaser 93R LRS2
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi Kaylan, welcome aboard. Translate those model numbers for me pls.
    "Life is not:easy, fair or cheap... sometimes bad things happen to good people"

kaylan1
    (2/15/03 3:21:55 am)
    Reply translation
    sig arms makes the weapons I believe. Blaser 93R Long Range Sport #2.
    SSG3000: I haven't figured that one out yet.

teehee1
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/15/03 3:46:37 am)
    Re: translation
    If you are trolling in the $4000-$5000 range you could do a lot better for a lot less with a FAL or an MIA National or Super match.

kaylan1
    (2/15/03 3:15:26 pm)
    Reply Re: Fal and MIA
    a friend of mine has his LRS2 down to .16-.18 MOA. Thats very impressive for the price. What can I get from FAL and the others? I have a limited budget right now, around 2000-3200. The more I spend the better the weapon will be expected to perform. I just need to get the best for my bucks till I can go all out on the price.

teehee1
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/15/03 4:08:26 pm)
    Re: Fal and MIA
    Both the FN-FAL and the M1A are capable of Sub-MOA and that is with open sights. Search Camp Perry on the net that's
    where the countries top long distance shooters compete, and the MIA has always been one of the most popular pieces there.

kaylan1
    (2/15/03 8:47:40 pm)
    The Fn? ok I'll check it out. I know the M1A. I carried one for awhile. My armor tweaked mine to 1/4- 1/8 MOA. Thanks for the help teehee1. You know what the Moa is for the FN?

teehee1
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/16/03 7:37:17 pm)
    Re: Fal and MIA
    Not sure, but it is among the tightest of all semi-auto rifles.

inplanotx
    V.I.P. Member
    (2/17/03 3:37:51 pm)
    I have a FN-FAL Match. With the following recipe,

168gr Sierra Matchking HPBT
    IMR-4350
    Winchester LRP
    Federal Gold Medal Brass

it will shoot .3 to .4 MOA all day long. Now, add a scope and
    get rid of these tired eyes, and it will definately improve the groups. Well worth the price.
    Improvise...Adapt...Overcome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.