The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Belongs to my nephews freind, who got it from his grandfather. Shoots a 9mm paper cartridge(forgot to take pic of cartridge). They've found some brass cartridges but they wont eject like the original paper shells do. I snapped 8 photos of the markings on the Shotgun(/??).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
4 more pics. Two top pcis have a stamp that is a P over W. I think? The stamp is on both the barrel and bolt. The one on the bolt as somewhat worn off. can anyone tell me about this. Its in pretty rough shape Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
wow. Nobody knows anything about this model 36, Winchester??
Thanks for the good pics. Made in 1920s and not listed in Flayderman's Guide but fairly common as often listed on the gun auctions and listings.

A check of the largest online auction site shows several listed at various minimums last 90 days but only 4 that sold, @ $590, $355, $300, and one missing bolt @ $100.

·
Registered
764 Posts
The superposed "W" and "P" is the Winchester Proof marking, and it is found on all Winchester firearms manufactured after 1905.

Bert H.

·
Registered
764 Posts
The superposed "W" and "P" is the Winchester Proof marking, and it is found on all Winchester firearms manufactured after 1905.

Winchester manufactured 20,306 Model 36 9mm rimfire shotguns in the years 1920 - 1927.

Bert H.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I had one years ago, inherited from my uncle who had bought it to shoot rats in his barn. He died in 1932 & I had it maybe 20 years. It was shootable but showed its use and abuse.

I have seen what seems to be the same gun but in .22 RF cal.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info gentleman. Just wanted to give my nephew and his friend a little back ground on the gun, which I figured I could find here. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Never mind, thought I found something good...I didn't.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts