The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year I bought a used Colt Government Mk IV series 80 .380 from someone I work with. It is a fabulous gun. It has a good feel and trigger pull and shoots every time I pulled the trigger on a round. Well, like everybody I just can't resist the urge to make it better.

To that end I have replaced the plastic trigger with an aluminum one from Brownell's and have just replaced the recoil, firing pin and hammer springs with a set from Wolff Gunsprings and, to top it off a full-length stainless steel guide rod from Bedair Machine Works. Enjoy the pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Almost forgot, I bought some fancy wood slabs and I'm thinking of doing my own grips. Nothing fancy, no checkering or carving like Woodnut and others do, just something to improve looks and being able to say I did that.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
It's always an extra degree of satisfaction when you've done the work yourself and it turns out nice! Post up some range pics when you get it back out there.

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Nice little guns they are. While mine isn't a Colt, I have the Sig P238, it's a dream to shoot and really accurate for such a small gun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts