The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight we are going to Golden Corral for my mother-in-laws birthday. Lets see, I think I will have steak, pot roast, meat loaf, fried chicken, baked chicken, bourbon chicken, teriyaki chicken, barbecued chicken, mashed taters, baked taters, rice pilafe, honey rolls, water melon, cantelope, (to heck with salads and veggies), chocolate cake, chery pie, banana cream pie, jello, chocolate pudding, butter scotch pudding, cheese cake, chocolate dipped strawberries, honey rolls, a couple of banana splits, several ice cream cones, rice pudding, lemon pie, oh and another banana split. Then, I'm gonna go back for seconds. Get over here JLA. :D

So, who all is eating out this weekend?

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I was but I think after you get done there wont be none for me.lol

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
If the resturant you will be eating at is a company run resturant, then you are looking at Prim Rib, all you can eat! And the shrimp are the best!

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I'm a "Five Guys Burger" kind of guy. The best burger I've ever eaten (at least in the world of Fast Food).

·
Registered
17,283 Posts
Last time I went to Golden Corral was back in November. My birthday dinner. It was good, I'll give it that.

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
I have at least 5 Golden Corrals with in 100 miles of where we live. One thing I've learned is that there are franchise resturants, and there are comany run resturants. I have ate at all of the ones in East TX for years, they are all franchise resturants, and the food is not very good. Then they opened a new resturant in Shreveport, LA, what a difference! The food was great, and they had a much larger menu than all the other resturants. I cornered the manager of the new resturant, and asked why this one resturant was so much better than the others I had ate at. His reply was that the new resturant was a company owned resturant, one of only about 600 nation wide. All the others are franchise resturants, and they won't go the extra mile to prepare the food the way they are supposed to, and they won't offer the menu they are supposed to. Cutting corners is the way to make money. The resturant in Carthage, TX changed it's name once the franchise was paid off. Golden Corral also offers free meals to Vets on the Monday after Vererans Day, the line is usually across the parking lot, so I've never taken advantage of the freebe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts