More government bureaucracy run amuck

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KING64, May 5, 2009.

1. KING64

KING64 New Member

Recently an Asiatic Airlines jet taking off from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport experienced an engine failure and fire in one of its two engines. The crew circled over Puget Sound to dump fuel for an emergency landing. As many of you may know certain aircraft can takeoff at a higher gross weight than they can land at that same weight. After dumping fuel the aircraft landed safely.

Now, the Washington State Department of Ecology is indicating it may fine the airline for dumping fuel, a small amount of which apparently did not evaporate and caused a sheen on the water.

We're doomed.

2. obxned

obxned Active Member

So I guess it would have been better for the environment if it had crashed on landing and burned???

3. ARB

ARB New Member

:D:D So true!! It just goes to show you that you are darned if you do and darned if you don't. (Man, it just doesn't sound the same.)

4. walien

walien Former Guest

The bureaucracy does what the legislation says. It's not GB run amuck, it's poor legislation if that is the case. It hasn't happened yet anyways. The airlines have lobbys and know the rules. I don't recall reading anything from any airline in the local Seattle papers complaining about this before. SEA and the legislation surrounding it are very well run.

5. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Meh, let the passengers die a horible flaming planecrash filled death just as long as none of that jet fuel enters the water:rolleyes::rolleyes:

6. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Got a source?
    I've not heard of it.

Now, if we could get the Dept. of Ecology in court against the FAA, THAT would be something.:p

7. KING64

KING64 New Member

Last edited: May 5, 2009