The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
18,148 Posts
1911 wont fire at all without the disconector.

The sear rests on the top of the pad of the disconnector that engages the trigger bar and without it will not engage the trigger bar at all. it is specifically designed that way so folks cant simply take the disconnector out of a 1911 and have a machine pistol.

emueller. Welcome to TFF. Semi auto designed firearms rarely go uncontrolled FA. But it does happen sometimes. Usually due to a broken part or a large piece of debris get wedged in just the right place at just the right time. Just keep your firearm inspected, cleaned and well lubed and you should be just fine.

· Registered
3,584 Posts
Yup, it is pretty common for those Mossberg semi-autos to go full auto.
Take a look at the pics on these pages. Shows a good detailed strip-down of a 150 series Mossberg along with a few tips. http://home.epix.net/~damguy/151m-assemble.htm

I've got a 151-M apart on my workbench right now. That one was randomly doing FA when I got it and sometimes the striker just plain wouldn't reset so it would require the bolt to be manually cycled.
In my case, only problem is the disconnector mount wasn't screwed tightly to the receiver. If the front screw starts coming loose, the disconnector spring tension will drop and it will allow either FA or no reset.
If the disconnector gets worn, it can cause the same symptoms but I was cautioned to check the disconnector mount first and that has been the issue with a couple of them that I've worked on. I haven't done many of em, but I haven't seen a disconnector worn bad enough to cause the cycling problem.
Use blue or red loctite on those two screws if you do find they're loose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.