Mossberg 46BT

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Lemi, May 7, 2009.

1. Lemi

Lemi New Member

I recently bought a Mossberg 46BT which is in great condition and shoots very well. However, I have a few questions I am hoping someone can help me with.
    1. How many rounds will fit in the tube?

2. The peep sight seems to work well. But the front sight has a round globe that is larger than the target. Can I get a smaller front sight? Or, does anyone have a better idea.

3. Is the larger disc I look into adjustable for small or larger?

Thanks in advance

2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Lemi, welcome to The Forum. I don't know the answers to questions, but I am sure someone will be along to answer soon.

3. GunHugger

GunHugger Well-Known Member

Congratulations, you have a semi rare and well made vintage Mossberg there.

The 46BT isn't very well known since so few were made.

The 46BT were made in the years of 1938 with 369:---1939-- 391; 1940-- 93. For a total of 853.

[​IMG]

To your questions...

1. How many rounds does it hold...

I'm not sure on that, but you could just count them.

2. Front sight.

There are other sight posts in that front sight. To change the front sight inserts, push down on the front sight spring and slide the front sight hood forward until it clears the inserts. Lift up the insert desired and turn down all others. Replace hood.

3. The receiver (peep) sight is the Mossberg #4, the 46BT could also have a #4a adjustable aperture. If it does it looks like the picture below and it is adjustable by turning it. Sometimes they are tight if not used for many years, if so shoot some oil in there and let it soak for a while.
    [​IMG]