The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was my 12th or 13th birthday present, so assuming it was purchased new (which I believe it was), we're looking at 1987-ish. I used it quite often and remember it to be very comfortable - light carry weight and minimal recoil.

Of course, since I was the one humping it through the woods instead of my dad, there's a good bit of wear on the wood. I tried to illustrate the major blemishes...

One observation I have is that the pump stock seems to have a little more movement than I think it should... there's just a bit of a "loose" feel - it can be shifted maybe 1/16" in either direction perpendicular to the barrel. Perhaps just an adjustment needed, or maybe it's normal and just not something I remember. Either way, I've pumped about 25 shells through it just as a test and everything racks/ejects just fine.

IMG_9195.JPG
IMG_9196.JPG
IMG_9197.JPG
IMG_9198.JPG
IMG_9199.JPG
IMG_9200.JPG
IMG_9201.JPG
IMG_9202.JPG
IMG_9203.JPG
IMG_9204.JPG

·
Banned
2,004 Posts
The Mossberg 500 was a fairly inexpensive aluminum framed gun that in my opinion is one of the best pump shotguns ever built. They work great and rarely break. They did not cost much to start with and are still in production in some form. Used a gun of this era will sell for 150 to 200 dollars. The forend on the 500 never was tight. That was one of the few complaints along with the plastic safety button.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts