The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a neat little .22 with a really interesting rear sight and apparently no Serial #. Was this series not numbered? Also, this rifle is marked ".22 LR only". I thought the M151's shot shorts and longs also. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
The 151Ma was made 1947 - 48. Mossberg didn't use serial numbers on most of their guns until they had to in 1968.

Designed for 22LR.

Where do you find 22 Longs these days?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Haven't seen longs in years. They still make shorts, but they cost much more than LR.
I haven't either, that's why I asked.

I have a few boxes "vintage" 22 longs in the safe that I bought back in the '60's.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I grew up shooting a 151M B as a kid and still have it. They to my knowledge have always been stricktly a 22lr rifle only proposition. You may be right in the Mossberg may have had a model that would shot all types, but not the 151M A or B series. In a semi auto platform it not an easy thing to do, if it can be done.

Regards, Kirk

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
In the 50s I was in college and got a summer job teaching riflery in a camp. They gsve me a few single shot rifles and 50,000 rounds of 22LR. I had my Mossberg 151 and in my spare time I must have shot at least 25,000 rounds out of that rifle. The real fun began when she wore out the sear and went full auto! It was a great summer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I picked up a nice M(a) at a local gun shop for $125... traded the rear sight (which was not correct) for a correct one plus $40 dollars. So I then had a completely correct M(a) for $85 dollars and sold it to a guy in my gun club for $180... I call that a sweet little gun... I kind of miss it though.

“I don’t believe people should to be able to own guns.” ~Barack Insane Hussein Obama

If you believe that every word out of his mouth is a lie... therefore he must want everyone to have a closet full of guns... maybe he's start a government give-a-way like the old cheese program or maybe he'll start selling off the military's weapons to fund his new Department of Peace, since the military will be out of a job!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts