The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Garandaholic
9,525 Posts
Is it any good? Seems pretty cheap.
a buddy has one. it's ok. I've shot it quite a bit. I like my Henry, Ruger and Marlin better though

I will and do most definitely buy a SIG made in New Hampshire

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Is it any good? Seems pretty cheap.
You get what you pay for...or a little less in this case.

Imported from Brazil, not like the old low cost high quality Mossberg 22 of old.

Savage or Marlin are much better choices for a low cost 22.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I know a few folks who have 'em, and they like them. From what I've seen and handled of them I'd say they are no worse or better then the other low cost .22's...

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
I bought one for the wife, as they are small, and light. This little gun is a pleasant shooter, and it is accurate as well. It shoots as good as my 10/22. It only comes with one mag, if you want more you have to order them as far as I know. I don't think it will take anything but a 10 rd. mag, and I don't know of any after market mags for this gun, nor any that are high capacity. If the rest of them shoot as well as the one I have, then they are good rifles. I will recomend them.

·
Premium Member
10,359 Posts
I have had one for about a year now. I put a scope on it and dialed it in - quite accurate and pleasant to shoot. No feed problems, etc., and I also recommend it.
Great value for the $$.

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
I scopped the wife's gun too, Terry. I like shooting it as much, if not more, than the 10/22.

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
I have a 715T which is a Plinkster dressed up like an AR flatop and holds 25 rnds. I have had it to the range twice, two different scopes, a Red Dot, and Laser and Open Sights tried. Won't shoot any better than a 12" group @ 25 yds low and left.

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
I have a 715T which is a Plinkster dressed up like an AR flatop and holds 25 rnds. I have had it to the range twice, two different scopes, a Red Dot, and Laser and Open Sights tried. Won't shoot any better than a 12" group @ 25 yds low and left.
A Red Dot, or a scope should have corrected the low left hits. They are both adjustable.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Mine is a very nice rifle,,,

Mine is a very nice rifle,,,
It feeds any ammunition I have put in it,,,
It has possibly the best iron sights of any inexpensive rifle.

My favorite aspect of it was that it was only $109.95 new at Wal Mart.

Scratch that,,,
The price is my second favorite aspect,,,
My favorite thing is I can out shoot my friends,,,
Who are using expensive high end tricked out 10/22's.

I bought the bolt-action 802 for a present to a college graduate,,,
That rifle is scary accurate with Federal bulk ammo.

They may be cheap and from South America but they perform very nicely.

Aarond

1 - 10 of 10 Posts