Most fun to shoot

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pistolenschutze, Apr 18, 2009.

1. We all have firearms that we own for various specific purposes, concealed carry, hunting, and the like. But of your collection, which one--or ones--would you choose as simply the most FUN to shoot, and why?

My choices:

H & R Model 1871 "Buffalo Classic" single shot in .45-70. I don't really know why, but I get a thrill out of shooting this rifle. It has a 36" barrel and aperture sights front and rear. It also makes a really BIG hole in whatever it hits. ;)

Smith & Wesson Model 29 .44 Magnum. What use I truly have for this in a practical sense I have no idea, but it is a ton of fun to shoot!

Russian built SKS in 7.62 x 39. I guess I just like to shoot lots of holes in things very rapidly. This rifle will do just that! ;)

2. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Only one for me, the choice is easy. My WW2 vintage German Mauser K98, rebarrled to 7.62 x 51.

Why? Because the holes appear where I expect them too, time after time. :) If I do my bit, and dont ask too much of the gun, it will not miss!

It is simply a pleasure to shoot.

3. artabr

artabr New Member

My Shilen action BR rifle. I like to shoot small groups.

Art

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  4. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Remington 870 12 Gauge - Occasionally I'll attempt tree limb removal with a full choke. It wastes a lot of shells but it's good quality redneck fun. :D

Ruger 22/45 (Pre-Mark III designation) Pistol - It's cheap to shoot and a great way to practice your accuracy with a handgun.

5. You won't get any argument from me on that one, Pony. I own a non-Mark III 22/45 myself and shoot it often. Mine has the bull barrel. I often use this pistol to introduce new shooters to the sport. Most find it easy and fun to shoot, and as you say, it is very inexpensive fun. ;)

6. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

My Henry Golden Boy is a blast to plink with as is my S&W 22a. I also have a fondness for my 45-70 Pedersoli Rolling Block. And there is my love affair with my 1911's.

7. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

I am partial to 3. 1911, an old Bisley copy .45 and a Sharps copy 45-70. I like any firearm that looks like you can stick a finger down the barel. Big holes are good to see. Especialy with my aging eyesight. Also....BOOM!!

8. killbuck

killbuck New Member

M1 Garand. I married it in 1961 and we've been having fun ever since.

9. Islandboy

Islandboy New Member

Most recent fun:
    FN P90. what a blast, but what an expense at 900 rpm.

10. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

Both the SW460 and the Ruger 44mag are both fun. The 460 because of the loud bang and the percussion wave that it has. The 44 is fun because i love the way it feels in my hand. I have never had a pistol fit my hand and have the right balance the way it does.

mike
    gn

11. tmd11111

tmd11111 New Member

Never get tired of my buckmark...but darn if my Performance Center .460 Hunter isn't a hoot. It's actually more fun watching friends shoot it.

12. tim peterson

tim peterson Member

Good post! Mine would have to be my 1918 6.5x55 swiss army rifle. with a good bench rest, it feels like you can shoot a mile. And thats with open sights. Then theres my SKS 7.62x39, what a kick in the butt.We shoot 200-300 rounds on a good day out with the boys.

13. Tom Militano

Tom Militano New Member

.30/.338 Win Mag, National match .45's, Model 41 S&W. Since all my surgery I've only shot my .22 pistols, the model 41 S&W and my Ruger. I bought a S&W model 22A and after about six weeks back at the factory I gave the piece of junk away when I got it back.

14. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Remington Rolling Block (Pedersoli) .357 mag

15. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    Colt 1911/1911a1, and Ruger .22s, rifles or pistols. TJ