The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

My son (12) & I spent some time today & polished out the haze/film that my Colt had on it. First we used a bit of Brasso & buffed that out, Then finished it with Mothers Mag polish. Bright stainless is a Beauty!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
34,532 Posts
Wow!

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
that looks really nice

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts
You can always comb your hair and brush your teeth before you shoot....

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
It aint cool if your chrome dont shine! Great job on the stainless, Now I dare someone to touch it lol

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Since no one had yet, I was gonna come up with a smart*** comment about it looking like a cartel leader's pistol...but it's just too darned purty looking for that! :D

Looks sharp! I like the display stand too.

I use Mother's on some of my stainless guns. Flitz got real hard to come by around here for a while for some reason a few years ago so I tried the Mother's chrome polish I had in the garage. Works just as good as Flitz so I just kept using it.
I don't have anything with nearly that much polish on it though.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I did this Model 44 Taurus one evening while watching Raylan Givens kill and maim with his GLOCK on Justified. (Will someone give that boy a 1911 please?)

Really laid into it during the commercials! I was pleased with the results!
That Model 44 is one of my main wheel guns!

·
Registered
3 Posts
In reference to the Brasso for polishing. In th eearly 1990s (91 to be exact) I receved a semi-auto 22 (Savage) when my grandfather passed away. When he bought the gun (somewhere in the 70's) he never shot it, put a scope on it and placed it in the rack, where it sat till I got it. 30 someodd years of tobacco smoke and tar later...the blueing had a flat black look to it, the bolt (in the ejection port) was gold colored, and the stock was flat on the side facing the room (the other side was glossy). To get the tar off the weapon I used Brasso and Never Dull. It did lighten up the blueing a bit and it did take off the "gold" color off the bolt. Worked great on the stock (till the movers placed it next to a SKS bolt - had to refinish it to get the gouge out). As for stainless steel, I have "forced" the usage of brasso (and other products like it) to polish stailess steel fixtures in GI Latrines when I was a Drill Sergeant (mainly as a make-work-you-really-pissed-me-off-by-sleeping-durring-the duty-day) It works great. Flitz works better (bit more abrasives in the paste) - what I use on rails in firearms and non blued bolts in bolt action rifles to slick them up. If you go this route only use single ply cloth "diapers" (those of you who spent time in the military when we used to shine boots know what I mean) avoid paper towels (bounty, etc.) as they can scratch. Cotton balls (though it will work) will just make your fingers tired.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts