The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I might find a mount base for a 'Flir' night vison scope. The base needs to fit on a Remington Model 700. Contacted Flir twice but get no replies from them. The scope has a single bar to fit in a base but the bar is wider than the groves in normal Rem. 700 bases. Any info provided would be much appreciated.
Frank

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Frank, Start with the information needed to find the base. Scope, make and model? Rem 700, long or short action?

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Frank, Start with the information needed to find the base. Scope, make and model? Rem 700, long or short action?
Hi TRAP55;
The mount base is for a Rem.700 short action(.223 cal.). I was told by the owner that the scope make is 'Flir' because the scope is covered all over with thick coat(s) of camo paint & I could not find any markings anywhere on it & he didn't want the paint taken off. He also told me that it cost $7,500? The problem is that the scope has only 1 bar on the bottom to fit in a base slot and that bar is too wide to fit in any slot on regular bases such as picatinny,weaver,etc. If you come up with anything, please let me know. Happy Holidays and.......................................
All the best,
Frank

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Wore out my google foo trying to find the specs on the base mounting, but everything points to mil spec picatinney mount. Hope you really want one, because this is the cheapest I could find.
BTW...it looks like FLIR is only dealing military since Jan. 2020.

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wore out my google foo trying to find the specs on the base mounting, but everything points to mil spec picatinney mount. Hope you really want one, because this is the cheapest I could find.
BTW...it looks like FLIR is only dealing military since Jan. 2020.
Thank you TRAP, much appreciated! It is the right mount & I ordered it today for the owner who was very happy I could get one & mount his scope for him so he can now go varmint hunting in Jan.
All the best,
Frank

1 - 6 of 6 Posts