The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently installed a picatinny rail system on my shotgun, but I found a set of sights I would really like to mount, but sadly they are built only for vent rib application. Is there such a thing as picatinny to vent rib adapter? Is there another set of identical sights that would work? I've also found these for mounting to muzzle loaders, so would it be possible to convert those? Here's a link for reference:
https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/pro...506710362.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=fn
Thanks in advance

·
Banned
2,001 Posts
You are going abut this the hard way. Picatinny rails have sight made for them, use them. Why did you add them if they don't accomplish what you want?

·
Premium Member
9,924 Posts
Uninstall the rail and go back to the rib

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are going abut this the hard way. Picatinny rails have sight made for them, use them. Why did you add them if they don't accomplish what you want?
My local shop had one of those 870 sell carrier/rail systems on clearance, so I couldn't pass up the offer. It's useful for just about everything except the irons sadly. Plus it's not like I had to remove any ribs or rails, my gun came without any mounting furniture, just the front bead.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update: For anybody looking here hoping to put ghost rings on their shotgun via picatinny rail, after some searching I've found High Tower Armory backup Glock sight mounts for picatinny rails. I can't use the exact sight I was planning on, but these will definitely accept Glock style ghost rings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts