The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some of your favorite gun goofs you have spotted in movies ? I don't mean the 10shot 6 shooter or bad guy gets shot with a derringer and does 3 back flips from the impact . I was watching a movie , a old western called Fort Yuma and the scene that stood out to me was it showed the cavalry using Springfield Trapdoors but not having the carbine slings and also later another group were in a mounted battle and swinging them as clubs and again no slings to be seen . My wife HATES me pointing this stuff out !!!!

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
My favorite was an old BONANZA episode where Nevada was trying to decide to go with the North or the South in the civil war. They were all packing 1873 Colts. Not one of their best stories!!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Watched 300 Rifles few days ago for the 100th time with Burt Reynolds and Jim Brown and Raquel Welch and seen one of the indians using a M1 Garand !!! I backed it up a few times to be sure and it was . It's Raquel's indian friend in the final battle sceen .

·
Premium Member
13,150 Posts
Tripod mounted Thompson smg being fired by Japanese troops in the 1943 film "Guadalcanal Diary". The box mag - probably a 30 rounder - was stuck into what may've been a prop department's creation or perhaps a much-modified Vickers tripod - basically just a center post with three legs. If you go to Google Image and enter "Guadalcanal Diary" you'll eventually spot it - wasn't able to transfer the image to this post.

·
Registered
17,116 Posts
Tripod mounted Thompson smg being fired by Japanese troops in the 1943 film "Guadalcanal Diary". The box mag - probably a 30 rounder - was stuck into what may've been a prop department's creation or perhaps a much-modified Vickers tripod - basically just a center post with three legs. If you go to Google Image and enter "Guadalcanal Diary" you'll eventually spot it - wasn't able to transfer the image to this post.

·
GUNZILLA
6,443 Posts
I loved the old westerns where they flicked the gun every time they fired. It appears that the harder you flick the gun the faster the bullet goes.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Every Michal Mann movie were a couple rounds from what ever type of firearm would blow up a car/truck/train/plane/cruise ship like it just so happens to have 1000 pounds of Tannerite in it. Worse thing of it is, that the uninformed public believes these false depictions.

Also. Firearms in movies that never recoil or machine guns that when the Slow Mo close up shot of the falling spent cartridge case are clearly shown as blanks. DUH !

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
I Once saw a pump shotgun get pumped three times before it was actually fired.
Hollywood used to be good at that one. Pump the shotgun; enter the room; pump the shotgun; get ready to fire and pump the shotgun. Ignorant people in Hollywood even then!!

·
Premium Member
12,294 Posts
Watched a WWII movie the other day, made right after WWII, and the Germans were flying P-51's. They were painted in their livery and with iron crosses but, they were P-51's. No mistaking that profile.

Same day we watched "Guns of Fort Petticoat", an old Audie Murphy movie set during the Civil War. You guessed it, '92 Winchesters and Colt SAA's. One battle scene Audie was using what I'm certain was a '94 with the forearm removed to make it look like a Henry. They almost slipped that one past me.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts