The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
5,350 Posts
The problem arises in the fact that Astra-Unceta SA made a slew of 7.65 automatic pistols starting at the turn of the 20th century. A Model 1 doesn't ring a bell for me, perhaps if you posted a clear picture it would help the forum contributors to recognise the Model. Or you could google " Steves Pages " and maybe get lucky. From your description it could very well be a "Eibar " pistol from the 1920's or 1930's, or even a WWI Ruby. No serial number would date it prior to 1935.

· Registered
18,397 Posts
Always nice to have more info. RJay thought it was a 7.65 Browning pocket pistol. So did I. But what you have is a 7.63 Mauser Model 900.

That's about I can find about it, except that it does NOT come down like a Mauser, and Mauser parts won't work.

· Registered
3,491 Posts

· Registered
5,350 Posts
Always nice to have more info. RJay thought it was a 7.65 Browning pocket pistol. So did I. But what you have is a 7.63 Mauser Model 900.

That's about I can find about it, except that it does NOT come down like a Mauser, and Mauser parts won't work.
I did! I did, I assumed dreinbold had misread the caliber on a an old Eibar Ruby type automatic, the ideal of a Astra 900 ( rather rare ) never even entered my little beady mind, Oh , a crystal ball, a crystal ball, my kingdom for a crystal ball { been reading about Richard III }:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.