The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
MUSTARD LOVERS! Your favorites? I tried a new one, Jack Daniel's stone ground dijon.

Well I have at least 8 bottles of mustard in my refrigerator from French's yellow to spicy browns to dijons to Emeril's Kick it up Horseradish. Some for burgers, hot dogs, sausage or just everyday sandwiches.

Wife bought me a small 9 oz. bottle of Jack Daniels stone ground dijon to try. Well I tried it with some with low fat boiled ham and Cotto salami with swiss cheese on Jewish rye. I'd give it an A because it was very smooth, very tasty and not overly strong flavored....perfect for ham, bologna or whatever you'd like.

The real test, YES I'd buy it again although I'm not sure of the price. I (or I should say the wife, NJ) is a sale and coupon cutter. ;)

Your favorites?

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Re: MUSTARD LOVERS! Your favorites? I tried a new one, Jack Daniel's stone ground dij

I haven't tried that one yet. I love Dijon mustards though. I also always have a jar of Guldens Brown mustard in the fridge, that's a must for sammiches.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Re: MUSTARD LOVERS! Your favorites? I tried a new one, Jack Daniel's stone ground dij

I tried the Jack Daniles mustard about 20 years ago. It's OK, but I haven't bought it in a long time.

This is my favorite! Best mustard if you ask me! :)

This mustard is awesome, too. But, very expensive.

If you love mustard, this is the place to visit and shop!
http://mustardmuseum.com/

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

I tried the Jack Daniles mustard about 20 years ago. It's OK, but I haven't bought it in a long time.

This is my favorite! Best mustard if you ask me! :)

If you love mustard, this is the place to visit and shop!
http://mustardmuseum.com/
OH YES!!! I could eat that by the gallon. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Maybe my favorite all-time, reminds me of the Ol' Muni Stadium.

Saw my 1st game at 8 in 1959. Went every decade through the 1980s closing and had hot dogs at EVERY game.

......oh yeah also available online. :)

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

Just took a quick current mustard inventory of the frig:

French's yellow - for everything including hot dogs w/sauerkraut and tabasco sauce, umm.

DIJONS
French's w/Chardonnay - had it tonight, spicer than most dijons!
Grey Poupon w/white wine - #1 seller in the USA
Giant Eagle w/white wine - our local store brand, not bad
Jack Daniel's stone ground dijon - newest and I like it, smooth

Heinz spicy brown - a staple with dogs, hamburgers or turkey pattys or dogs

Emeril's - well what's left
NY Deli Style
Kicked Up Horseradish - I love with hot dogs

I love to eat 3 hotdogs for a meal with 3 different mustards, microwave or grill.

AND tonight, it's beautiful out we're having hot dogs -or- Johnsonville turkey dogs (50% less fat but on the grill you'd never know) w/cheddar ground through .......ummmmmmm either way ;)

We like a combination of good for you or just plain good on the grill.

·
Registered
364 Posts

All those mustards sound great. Bought a jar of habanero mustard at a craft show and wish I had bought about 3 or 4.

·
Premium Member
3,267 Posts

Lowen Senf is my favorite. It is German (senf =mustard)
and can be found at World Market. I discovered it when I lived in Berlin, every market had it, some in jars, some in tubes, all great. Oh, Lowen means Lion....

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

Tonight's dinner and leftovers for tomorrow:

Cooked up 6 from a regular pack of beef-chicken-pork hot dogs plus:

5 of 5 Average Rating (6 total reviews)

http://www.johnsonville.com/products/turkey-w-cheddar.html

Enjoy the Great Taste of Johnsonville, now made with turkey! We blend real turkey and creamy Cheddar cheese, then naturally hardwood smoke the links until they are juicy and flavorful. They’re Heaven on a Bun!

Available in: 13.5 oz. Packages (LESS FAT than regular dogs or sausage!)

Had them with different dijons plus I also put mayo on each one....yes I like mayo on sandwiches! Do any of you?

They were really flavorful and gooood.
:D

·
Armed Infidel
1,470 Posts

Finally a thread I can sink my teeth into. I have several I use regularly. Firs would be Dave's Gourmet Hurtin' Habanero & Honey Mustard, then Bone Suckin' Sweet Hot Mustard, and my usual Mr Mustard sweet & Hot. I also like some here have tried lots of hot mustards from fairs and other food shows.

·
Premium Member
19,882 Posts

I love all these mustards but turkey sausage? That sound pretty bad to me.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts

OH YES!!! I could eat that by the gallon. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Maybe my favorite all-time, reminds me of the Ol' Muni Stadium.

Saw my 1st game at 8 in 1959. Went every decade through the 1980s closing and had hot dogs at EVERY game.

......oh yeah also available online. :)
Good to know there's another Bertman's Ballpark Mustard fan hanging around these parts! :) Just had some on my cheeseburger for dinner.

The guy who owns and runs the Mustard Museum I posted in the link above was just on TV! The show is called My Crazy Obsession on TLC. The episode title is "The Cats" for some reason.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts

I love plain old mustard, like french's or whatever. I can damn near drink the stuff.

tried some chipotle mustard and some other honey mustard yesterday, both pretty good; flavored mustards are OK but plain is best for me!

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

I love all these mustards but turkey sausage? That sound pretty bad to me.
It was delicious! :D

And chicken or turkey in pattys or links aren't bad at all. The trick is seasoning, cooking, baking, grilling or whatever and then the toppings or go alongs.

PLUS the added benefit of less fat, mo' better you you AND generally much cheaper. I love fatty everything but the wife is a great cook....plus I've given her all my grilling tips. :cool:

We had a chicken/turkey thread earlier....I'll bump it up.

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Besides the regular Brats, sausages and all that Johnsonville has 18 different "Smoked Grilling Links" ready for the grill.

http://www.johnsonville.com/lines/smoked.html

Looks like a great summer for mustards and grilling!! :)

·
Armed Infidel
1,470 Posts

Besides the regular Brats, sausages and all that Johnsonville has 18 different "Smoked Grilling Links" ready for the grill.

Looks like a great summer for mustards and grilling!! :)
I don't know about that??? I am always leery about someone who peddles sausage and calling it "Johnson".

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I don't know about that??? I am always leery about someone who peddles sausage and calling it "Johnson".
:lmao: Yeah "Johnsonville" I guess they're stuck with that now.

And when my wife was first started buying this chicken and turkey link stuff I was a bit skeptical but now I like them....and better for you.

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

I like good old sandwich pal..
Oh yes, I'm "Mr. Sandwich" plus you need a little mustard in your life to spice it up. ;)

......except tonight, I'm having a Philly Steak with peppers, onions and provolone, mmmmmm, with plenty of salt and pepper....no mustard on this one.

·
Registered
846 Posts

Try some Golden Farms 3 pepper mustard for a real treat. I'm going to do some BBQ sauce using it as a base.:D:D:D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts