The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What Muzzle Brake would be recommended for a 22/45 Ruger Lite?

I've been looking around the Web & there are many to choose from.
Some have holes in the front, side, & everywhere & others don't.
A little help would be appreciated.
thanks,
R.

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
Its a .22.. Just pick the one that you like the most. as long as its threaded 1/2X28.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I would buy a suppressor. Best brake you can buy. Other then that it really makes no difference there is not much muzzle jump that needs to be controlled. As the last poster stated the 22/45 is threaded 1/2 x 28.

·
Banned
5,428 Posts
Why would you want a muzzle break on a .22? There isn't enough kick to break a test tube. The 22/45 is an excellent pistol as is and I personally think that adding a muzzle break isn't going to improve accuracy at all. If you want to get any better performance from it, then 'maybe' rework the trigger spring tension and 'possibly' slide spring tension. Personally, I wouldn't mess with the slide spring at all. Ruger is very good at designing what they produce.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Why would you want a muzzle break on a .22? There isn't enough kick to break a test tube. The 22/45 is an excellent pistol as is and I personally think that adding a muzzle break isn't going to improve accuracy at all. If you want to get any better performance from it, then 'maybe' rework the trigger spring tension and 'possibly' slide spring tension. Personally, I wouldn't mess with the slide spring at all. Ruger is very good at designing what they produce.
For extremely fast shooting, I'm pretty sure there is a benefit of having a compensator on a .22LR. Reduces recoil, and adds a little weight to the muzzle, allow you to stay on target after each shot.

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
nah.. it just looks cool.

I dont notice a difference in braked .22LR and unbraked .22LR. because the pressure and velocity isnt high enough for the brake to work properly.

·
Registered
326 Posts
If you are shooting say steel fast a well designed brake can make a difference. However most shooters can fairy easily adjust there grip and be able to adjust for the recoil generated. A suppressor will remove all recoil though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I finally took my Ruger 22/45 Lite out for a test drive I installed a Tactical Solutions Muzzle brake & I'm very pleased with the results. I also added the T.S. Front Red sight.
It is very accurate. Don't know if the brake makes any difference bit I like the looks.

As far as a Silencer goes, it wait & see what the Stock Market does to my I.R.A.
I may have to get a Paper Route?
thanks,
R.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts