The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok I been browsing again, looking, making my list and checking it twice. So far the end maybe in sight 22cal wise I think. My wants are;

1. High Standard 22lr target pistol
2. Colt 22lr target pistol
3. Henry golden boy 20" octagon barrel lever action in 22, s/l/lr.
4. STG44 22lr I'm not sure how good it is yet.
5. Henry 20" octagon barrel in 22WMR Lever action.
6. Stevens visible loader 22cal pump.
7. High Standard 22cal revolver
8. Iver Johnson 22cal revolver

That's my wish list for now with rimfires, but did I leave out anything that's different? Bb

·
Registered
Pensacola Florida
3,926 Posts
CZ 452, 453, or 455 22lr bolt action would fit in that group rather nicely.:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
That's a nice list!

Very subjective a lot of things could be added or taken off of course. If I had to pick one to add it would be the S&W K-22 Masterpiece for a classic rimfire revolver. I grew up shooting one and still love it today. Mine is from the 60s with a pinned barrel and recessed 6-shot steel cylinder. Neat articles on them here and here, too.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I really do not have one any more. I enjoy going to gun shows and looking for rimfires that need lots of TLC. Last one I bought was a Springfield Stevens Model 86 that was 70 years old. Pd 70 bucks,and I am quite happy. But I understand why people do. :) Cliff

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
When I was younger and thinking the bigger bang the better I never understood why people would collect the 22caliber guns. Finally at 62yo I understand it now. There fun and a hoot to shoot too. When my grandson was born I figured I get his first guns now before I pass on just incase. My first is a s&w k22 masterpiece. I never owned a s&w before and now I'm hooked. The old turn of the century single shot falling block and rolling block rifles crank me up too. Even the old bolt actions & pump 22s are fun too. Of course when there affordable. Remember not to get caught up in the moment and pay too much. The cheaper the better.

I picked up a nib Henry carbine in 22 s,l,lr for just $299. What a great buy it is too. It's American made in Bayone,NJ.

·
Registered
118 Posts
It is hard for me to contemplate a 22 collection without a S&W 22kitgun. I like models 34 and317 much better than the k frames. I feel the essence of a 22 is to be light,handy
and reliable. I like 22/shotgun Savage 24over unders and I love Ruger 10/22. The Marlin 39D isheavenly, but the 39AMarlin is too heavy.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
You know the 22cal in long rifle has the killing power out to 450yds. That's it 59ft.lbs. enough to go thru a pine board at 450yds. It's on YouTube were they tested it. Back during the Y2K so called threat I seen one guy walking in Wal-Mart with handfuls of 22 bricks. I guess for personal protection it would work. I know it's very capable of putting game on the table. Just some lead for thought......bb

Btw; ever notice that heavy guns when hunting become walking sticks?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have enough 22lr ammo on hand right now. Of course we can never have enough. With the looming ammo tax the politicians are talking about just may hit us soon. I been buying the 22shorts too figuring the shorts can be for plinking too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.