The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasnt really sweating the fact that I was below 500 small pistol primers. I really don't get the chance to shoot much anyway. I did look for the SPP primers from time to time and never saw them available anywhere. I was keeping an eye on Powder Valley.

Today I called Able Ammo (Huntsville Texas) and asked if they had any. To my surprise I was told they had them in stock. Since the wife and I were going to Huntsville anyway, I stopped in and looked for myself. There they were, all 900 of them. I was looking for a brick of 1000 but settled for the 900 and called it a day. These were the last they had and they don't know when they will have anymore. The salesman said "maybe tomorrow, maybe next week or next month. Anything I tell you other than that would be a lie".

They also had CCI Stinger, 22LR. I haven't seen any 22LR in a good while. I also saw a good assortment of Hodgdon Powders, just not anything I normally use.

Maybe things are looking up?

·
Super Moderator
41,338 Posts
I'm glad you found some. My local store seems to have had primers all along. The price went up a little but they do have them.

·
Super Moderator
41,338 Posts
I was over there on Tuesday, but I did not look at the primer situation. I will be going over there in a few minutes to pick up a rifle I ordered. I will look then to see if he still has any.

EDIT (11:35am): I just got back from there and they only have the Magnum primers left in the small pistol.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Glad to see ya hit. The wifey keeps telling me my supply addiction is way worse than her 2 packs/day; I know she'd right too. I never use any small pistol primers, just large for my hunting revolvers & 1911's. I've had a few friends call and ask if I had any small ones though. Hope the shelves are topped off in a couple months.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I was over there on Tuesday, but I did not look at the primer situation. I will be going over there in a few minutes to pick up a rifle I ordered. I will look then to see if he still has any.

EDIT (11:35am): I just got back from there and they only have the Magnum primers left in the small pistol.
Damn!!! Oh well:rolleyes: what new rifle did you get?

·
Super Moderator
41,338 Posts
The Zestava 7.62X39 that I ordered from Century international a week or so ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hmmmm I like that full stock!! I got a CZ 308 full stock last year for deer season but did not pull the trigger on one with it. Had to use the trusty 7mm 08 at the time I was in the stand

·
Registered
21,272 Posts
I hope to see some primers again in the stores

I won't be paying $50/1000 gun show prices

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
These were 4.99 per box. Highway robbery I know but they were individual flats. They only had 900 on the shelf. I'm assuming a brick of 1000 would have cost less. I never thought to ask and since they didn't have any 1000 count bricks the question was moot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts