My day out at the range I think

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ruffitt, Mar 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

TallTLynn
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (11/10/01 9:57:09 pm)
    | Edit | Del All My day out at the range I think
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well it started out well (I was only 1/2 hour late getting to berto's house). Got to look at that shotgun he picked up and it is sweet...will e-mail you the pictures of the name and stuff on it AntiqueDr tomorrow when I download them off the camera.

We loaded up the rifles and so forth - his SKS, the little .22 pump of his, the Swede and his .303 Enfield along with all sorts of ammo and the like. I took my AK, SKS, .303 and .22lr Marlin semi and ammo and put it into his truck. I got to meet his new puppy - and she is a total sweetheart. We took her with us so she could get acclamated to gun shots.

Got out to where we were going to shoot and unloaded everything - low and behold I had forgotten the bolt for my enfield (can we say stupid??? - I knew we could). I had my new mags for the AK and wanted to see if they would work better and maybe not have the gun jam - believe me they do work well and the gun is accurate as all get out. I love my AK and thanks ever so much BlackGun.

The SKS shoots very nice as well - it was a blast to shoot. berto's SKS is tricked out and damn fine shooter - he was having a blast with it as well. I got to shoot his Enfield so I didn't feel too deprived and then I shot my .22 and he shot his - got to shoot his as well. In fact we did a little trading back and forth to shoot weapon wise for the fun of it.

His puppy did well - she fell asleep with all the shooting going on under the truck - didn't phase her much at all after the first few minutes.

When we got all done we went and ate lunch (my treat) and then back to his house where he not only showed me how to totally break down and clean my SKS (I did some of the cleaning and he helped with some also) he made me put it back together - okay he did help with the trigger part because I'm not that good, but I got the rest of it together all by my lonesome - and it works!

Was a grand day and I hope berto had as much fun as I did.

God I love shooting stuff!

shane
    (11/10/01 10:04:44 pm)
    | Edit | Del Re: My day out at the range I think
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dang it,

You get to have all the fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to work today.

LIKTOSHOOT
    (11/10/01 10:41:27 pm)
    What were you doing under the truck???? Inquiring minds want to know.....
    America, we are the symbol of Freedom and Liberty......

Tac401
    Administrator
    (11/11/01 12:15:29 am)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: My day out at the range I think
    Ain't dat da prone truck shoot'in position LTS?
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

reedbuster
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (11/11/01 12:19:07 am)
    nothin' better than a fun day with good people.
    Browning-The Best There Is.

BlackGun
    (11/11/01 12:35:18 am)
    You made my day with your post! Have I told you lately, " I Love you"! If, I haven't, I do! I'm glad you had a great day!
    rules for survival: Sight alignment, Breath control, & Trigger Squeeze
    BlackGUN

ruffitt
    (11/11/01 6:49:20 am)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    LTS

It wuz rhe pup what wuz under the truck. TLynn was up top doin all the hollerin 'n shootin 'n such.
    RuffItt

SXSMAN
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/11/01 9:07:12 am)
    Forgot the bolt?I was wrong and must say I'm sorry.Hell,I thought those were gray hairs
    like the rest of us,never thought they were blonde!

Went out bird huntin yesterday,seen hide nor hair,did blast and I mean blast me a hare,think
    I may have to send these barrels out and have choke tubes put in em.

Hey pig,this 200e SKB ain't to bad a shooter,like my BSS's better though.

Glad you and berto had fun,I need to get to the range to sight in that flintlock,make that
    2 smokepoles that I haven't shot.

Bob In St Louis
    (11/11/01 9:43:00 am)
    Never mind the rest of that stuff - get to the important stuff - what did you have for lunch?
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

TallTLynn
    (11/11/01 10:47:10 am)
    Open faced hot roast beef sandwiches (fresh hogie rolls-wheat) with lettuce, tomato and onion for me and french fries. Large glass of water (and boy do I mean large) and a cup of coffee.

Oh man was it delicious - and cheap too.

southernfreedom
    V.I.P. Member
    (11/11/01 1:24:40 pm)
    Sounds like you had a lot of fun. My bro-in-law is here from communist
    New Jersey. Before he goes back I'm taking him out to the range and
    going
    to show him what bump shooting is! I don't think he has ever heard of
    it. I'll surprise him and see if I get a reaction! I still haven't my new AK
    from Russia.

Different name
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (11/11/01 3:12:03 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    You all make having a wonderful shooting time more than just our freedom to do it, but a way of enjoying good company and friendship!
    Setting here at my computer makes me jealous.
    What kind of targets if any were you all shooting at?
    I won't ask about any of the shooting stances or positions.
    Didja come across any low flyin "Intelligence Droans?"
    Charlie D
    Nice is nice --- but this is --WAR!

polishshooter
    (11/11/01 7:45:37 pm)
    Today musta been the SKS day, I got to put a few clips through the Romanian today before the range closed...

Plus function test the new Astra Mag, the "new" US WWII hardball through the .45, put 15 slugs through the 97 getting ready for opening day Saturday, AND fire 5 rounds from a 44 after the range closed and nobody else was shooting, with the rangemaster's permission of course, and got EVERYBODY's attention with the noise and FLAME

But I too wanna know...FORGOT the BOLT????

Just exactly HOW does that happen? Forget the ammo, been there done that, forget the spare mags, ditto, forget the targets, or the earplugs, or the masking tape, or the staple gun, but forget the BOLT?

How exactly do you STORE your guns, T?
    We must make war as we must; not as we would like. - Field Marshal Kitchener, 1915

TallTLynn
    (11/11/01 9:52:31 pm)
    No real targets - though berto through his scoped SKS was making really big holes in a target someone had left out there. Mostly into a cut away hill - been a shooting place for a long time. It was a blast.

Ummmm as to how I forgot the bolt - well I, you see, but - okay I forgot to put the bolt in after I picked it up from the FFL - he gave me the rifle then the bolt - and so oops I spaced it.

Right now the 30-06 is without it's bolt as are both .303's - I'll put the bolts back in tomorrow morning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.