My Enfield project

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/24/02 11:11:56 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All
    ezSupporter
    My Enfield project
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Okay it's pretty much back together and I only ended up with one extra part! Yes, I know that means I now have to pull the manual out and see where this particular piece goes. Didn't end up with any extra screws just the spacer

Stock looks pretty good - just one tiny scratch from trying to put it back together (which bumbs me out since I spent 3 weeks working on that stock - yes I know I'm slow).

Stay tuned, tomorrow the picture and we'll see what you think.

Hey Bob - bet you won't recognize it as the one I bought from you!

Edited by: TallTLynn at: 7/25/02 9:41:19 pm

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (7/24/02 11:40:40 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: My Enfield project
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    hot damn Teresa you should go into business. I got one I would send you
    "I'M NOT GOING TO HAVE SOME REPORTERS PAWING THROUGH OUR PAPERS. WE ARE THE PRESIDENT." - Hillary Clinton commenting on the release of subpoenaed documents

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (7/24/02 11:42:22 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Almost forgot. You don't need those extry parts, just drop them into the action and let it rattle around until it finds a home
    "I'M NOT GOING TO HAVE SOME REPORTERS PAWING THROUGH OUR PAPERS. WE ARE THE PRESIDENT." - Hillary Clinton commenting on the release of subpoenaed documents

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/24/02 11:44:55 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Ouch warpig - ouch!

It's a spacer of some sort - I think I know where it should go but will have to pull one of the other Enfields out of it's case to make sure! We'll see about going into business (I'm slow!) and this was my very first time to finish a stock from start to finish.

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/25/02 8:23:01 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: My Enfield project
    Was it the spacer out of the butt stock when you took it apart? Kind of a felt jobby?
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/25/02 8:36:31 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    No Bob it's a small metal one - about 1/4 inch long and round - thinking it might be from the front band but am not sure.

Edited by: TallTLynn at: 7/25/02 9:50:55 pm

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/26/02 6:40:20 am)
    Now that looks purdy! Much better than that old blackened varnish.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

Tac401
    Administrator
    (7/26/02 10:06:00 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Very nice T, good job!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

WyomingSwede
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/28/02 8:01:38 am)
    You are my hero T....and you have great taste in firearms.
    Congrats on a good looking job.

On a side note...I took my model 11 remington completly apart one night to clean it. Got to be 10:30 before I knew it, and I was wanting to go to bed. I took one look at that kitchen table full of parts and said to myself...no way in hell will I remember where everything goes in the morning. So I stayed up till 2 am to get it back together and working. Didnt even have any extra parts either. But...I'll not do that again that late at night either. swede
    Wyoming Swede

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/28/02 12:14:28 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Thank you WyomingSwede, coming from you that's a very nice compliment. But as you know Enfields are my passion.

warpig - send away and tell me what you want done. Be prepared though - if you thought it took a long time to get your last stock back it'll take longer if I'm doing it!

My next project - the No 1 Mark III - and it's going to be a hard one due to the fact of a long crack up at the very front of the barrel in the wood. Beautiful fix job - whoever did it way back when used wood to hold it together but I've got to be careful so as not to screw their fix up and yet glue the rest of the crack back together.