The Firearms Forum banner

My experience with Palmetto Projectiles company

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  mogunner 
#1 ·
Here's my experience purchasing bullets from Palmetto Projectiles. They are not affiliated with Palmetto State Armory in any manner.

On 10/10/2015 I ordered 500 of their 125gr coated 9mm bullets for $33.00 and used a promo code to get free shipping.

Package arrived on 10/15/2015, small USPS flat rate box, heavily taped. Bullets were in a thin plastic bag that was ripped open on one side, a number of bullets were loose in the box. Packing was crumpled newspaper. A count by weight was done by taking ten bullets and getting an amount for that quantity, then weighing the entire order and dividing by the sample. Weight came up short, came out to 488. A hand count was done to verify this. Emailed Joel, the contact person there and informed them that the count was 12 short and gave him the weights.

He replied the same date, stating "Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I checked our weight chart and a number got out of place making them a few short instead of a few over. I'll mail out extras tomorrow to cover our error and then some."

On the 19th, I emailed him. "Thanks Joel. I'm working on a posting on these on a couple of firearms forums so your quick and efficient handling of the shortage will be noted. Loaded up 10 for the initial testing and was pleasantly surprised at their repeated tolerance in overall length when loaded as they are varying less than the plated and jacketed that I have previously loaded up in 9mm.
Thanks again for the great customer service!"

No replacements had arrived as of that date.

No reply to my email.

Emailed again on the 24th. "Joel, can you confirm whether the shortage in my order were shipped? Have yet to see them so thought I would touch base again with you. Thanks"

No reply to my email.

It is now the 10/27/2015. No replacements for the missing bullets has been received, nor any contact from the company. I just now used their "Contact us" form on the website to attempt to reach someone other than the person who has been apparently ignoring me, or passed away, or possibly may have some valid reason for not replying. I will update if any further action occurs. Take my experience and make of it what you will, yours might be different. While the product is above average in my experience, an order being shorted and poor customer service will always steer me away from any company.

See less See more
#2 ·
Keep us posted, please. I agree that the initial customer service was great, but the lack of follow up is a concern. There might be reasons for that which aren't obvious - bad email, bad boss, bad hair day - but I hope they'll be cleared up shortly. If not, there's something amiss there, perhaps a well intentioned employee being "corrected" by management for being overly helpful. I hope not, but I've worked for places where such things happened.

Similarly, I posted recently about some extraordinary customer service resulting from my failed attempt to buy camo pants to match my jacket from Walmart, and I'm still hoping for the best. But the helpful gent who was trying to track down a pair of pants for me has gone silent. I emailed him again tonight, but it's quite possible he was slapped down by management for doing more than he's supposed to do as a dealer rep. I hope not, as I firmly believe that a company can never go wrong by doing too much to make a customer happy, and this fellow deserves to be recognized for trying hard to please a customer. But I've been around, and I know that not all managers are so enlightened; in fact, quite a few of them are incredibly short-sighted and stupid. Sad, but true...

Reactions: greggs and mogunner
#3 ·
I received a reply late last night to my message through their "Contact us" on their website.

"Looks like your emails (and a lot others) have been going in the spam folder for whatever reason, sorry about that. I already put a 100pk in the mail for you but that was after we first spoke. The first one sent 2-day so if it's not there already then it's probably not showing up, the joys of the post office. I'll put another one in the mail for you tomorrow morning. My apologies for the inconvenience."

Will see. I have been chided on one forum for complaining about $.79 worth of bullets, the gentleman didn't grasp that the number missing wasn't the big picture on this, but customer service and communication. If he did indeed send the 100 pack by 2 day shipping, he should have had a tracking number to check.

#4 ·
Did the second100-pk ever show up? I'm new to the reloading scene and am unfamiliar with most of these companies, but one of the ones I was looking at was Palmetto. If their customer service is as bad as that, I will look elsewhere, but you never stated if they made right by you. I agree the number of short rounds wasn't the issue but the service and lack of communication.

Reactions: greggs
#5 ·
Yes, they did arrive and contained 103 projectiles. I intend on ordering more here soon and hopefully it was a one-time deal, I've seen a lot of posts of buyers using their bullets but I know many may just load and shoot and not keep accurate counts like I do, lol. Time will tell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.