The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to give my new Lodge 12” camping Dutch oven a go today having put together a nice place on the lower level patio for my outside “man cooking”. Figured buttermilk biscuits would make a good place to start and the results looks promising. Lesson learned was it takes longer to get the oven up to temp then I thought so I quick had to get another batch of briquettes ready. It took about 10 minutes longer than expected so next time I’ll add that to the front end in pre-warming the oven. Ate them with some homegrown honey provided by @soonerfan66 to make for a deeeelicious outcome.

Food Ingredient Recipe Cuisine Dish
Food Gas stove Cooktop Frying pan Kitchen appliance

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
I decided to give my new Lodge 12” camping Dutch oven a go today having put together a nice place on the lower level patio for my outside “man cooking”. Figured buttermilk biscuits would make a good place to start and the results looks promising. Lesson learned was it takes longer to get the oven up to temp then I thought so I quick had to get another batch of briquettes ready. It took about 10 minutes longer than expected so next time I’ll add that to the front end in pre-warming the oven. Ate them with some homegrown honey provided by @soonerfan66 to make for a deeeelicious outcome.

View attachment 253464 View attachment 253465
Man, I’m glad we’re getting ready to eat as those pics sure have made me hungry!

·
Super Moderator
43,397 Posts
Looking good, some right pretty biscuits. Isn't his honey something else, he sent me a jar of it last week and it is all but gone. My wife and I ate half the jar just trying to figure out what it taste like!! I have dipped bananas in it and poured some on vanilla ice cream, but most of it is gone via a spoon dipped in it.

·
Premium Member
10,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Them biskits look like they need some sausage gravy to ladle on them. :)
Saw a video of a guy making biscuits and gravy in one. He made the sausage then the gravy with the lid off then he put blobs off dough on top and baked it all with the lid on. I’d think the bottoms of the biscuits would be kind of mushy. In any event I bet I’d somehow manage to choke them down.

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Gravy and dumplings! I'd eat it. My mom's mom used to make chicken and dumplings, she was a Texan and a very good cook. Think chicken pot pie but with dumplings instead of pie crust. Deeeelicious! Dad's mom was a really good cook too but she was a northerner, she made the best breads, cinnamon rolls and choco chip cookies you ever ate.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
All the talk of biscuits and gravy that's what we cooked up for supper !!! Good ole sausage gravy to !!!! Had a little left over and I heated it up and had a midnight snack just now !!!! Hope the wife wasn't planning on it for her breakfast before she heads to work in morning !!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts