The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a fun day of fishing with my nephew on Tuesday. Got sunburnt forearms and knees. We didn't catch much, I caught a few yellow Perch all about the size of the one pictured. My nephew caught a small northern pike, I also caught a small 6 inch one but the slippery little water snake escaped before I could get a pic. This is the nephew I do most my hunting and fishing with.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
I would rather catch something big enough to eat, BUT, like the others, fishing is pretty good without big fish.

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
I knew a guy who would go around scavenging all the little stunted bluegills and perch guys would toss on the ice for the birds. He'd scale, gut, cut of the heads and clip off the fins. Then he'd grind them all up and make fish patties out of them. Like crab cakes kind of. I tried them and they were delicious. I always said that I was going to try that....that was around 1970....I never did. Hmmmm.

·
TFF Chaplain
21,445 Posts
He'd scale, gut, cut of the heads and clip off the fins. Then he'd grind them all up and make fish patties out of them.
Sounds like fish cakes they sell over here...https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/fish-recipes/fish-cakes/

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I used to love catching those perch on spinners many years ago. I took a motorcycle ride up into the NYS Aderondacks one year and caught a mess and fried them up on a fire. I discovered right then and there that i don't care for raw fish and cooked them longer. :oops:

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
I used to love catching those perch on spinners many years ago. I took a motorcycle ride up into the NYS Aderondacks one year and caught a mess and fried them up on a fire. I discovered right then and there that i don't care for raw fish and cooked them longer. :oops:
No Sushi for you huh?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts