The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Indysks
(11/20/01 10:49:16 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del All My First Mossin
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just purchased my first Mossin. it is an M44 1946 and was mummy wrapped, and flawless. It is supposed to be unissued and looks it. Now that I have it I am questioning if I should shoot it or just put it up, and buy a cheap beater to shoot. I already like this three line rifle, but I am still an sks man.

Freedom is worth any cost!!!

polishshooter
Senior Chief Moderator Staff
(11/20/01 11:11:26 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: My First Mossin
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still in the wraps go retail for around $100 at shows, I've seen them priced higher....up to $150, but not selling...

BUT, I probably wouldn't shoot it, just because it will appreciate more in that condition, obviously.

There are TONS of non-matching 44s in good or better condition with great bores for $40-$75 that won't be hurt in value shooting them hard, and I have yet to shoot one that is not as accurate as the perfect ones...

SOooo...I'd put that one on the wall, and pick up a "beater" and blast away...
We must make war as we must; not as we would like. - Field Marshal Kitchener, 1915

Tac401
Administrator
(11/20/01 11:14:43 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
ezSupporter
Re: My First Mossin
Welcome Aboard Indysks!

Speaking for myself, I have always put firearms
in that condition up and got a shooter to use
for fun.
The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

gpostal
(11/21/01 1:24:20 am)
i used to belive i wouldn't own a gun and not ever shoot it ,its kind of like owning a car and never driving it even on sundays

there is only a few i will hold this to now days

try this link
www.mosin-nagant.net/

Bob In St Louis
(11/21/01 7:48:18 am)
Yup - Put it in the collection and find a beater to shoot.
Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts