My First Mossin

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 3, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

Indysks
    (11/20/01 10:49:16 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All My First Mossin
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I just purchased my first Mossin. it is an M44 1946 and was mummy wrapped, and flawless. It is supposed to be unissued and looks it. Now that I have it I am questioning if I should shoot it or just put it up, and buy a cheap beater to shoot. I already like this three line rifle, but I am still an sks man.

Freedom is worth any cost!!!

polishshooter
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (11/20/01 11:11:26 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: My First Mossin
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Still in the wraps go retail for around $100 at shows, I've seen them priced higher....up to $150, but not selling...

BUT, I probably wouldn't shoot it, just because it will appreciate more in that condition, obviously.

There are TONS of non-matching 44s in good or better condition with great bores for $40-$75 that won't be hurt in value shooting them hard, and I have yet to shoot one that is not as accurate as the perfect ones...

SOooo...I'd put that one on the wall, and pick up a "beater" and blast away...
    We must make war as we must; not as we would like. - Field Marshal Kitchener, 1915

Tac401
    Administrator
    (11/20/01 11:14:43 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: My First Mossin
    Welcome Aboard Indysks!

Speaking for myself, I have always put firearms
    in that condition up and got a shooter to use
    for fun.
    The Firearms Forum Vietnam Memories Bulletin Board Contact Administrator

gpostal
    (11/21/01 1:24:20 am)
    i used to belive i wouldn't own a gun and not ever shoot it ,its kind of like owning a car and never driving it even on sundays

there is only a few i will hold this to now days

try this link
    www.mosin-nagant.net/

Bob In St Louis
    (11/21/01 7:48:18 am)
    Yup - Put it in the collection and find a beater to shoot.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!